It's been too long since my last post, and a lot has happened. Dave's Grandma Call died, and we went to Mesa for the funeral last week. We had a wonderful time with family, just as Grandma Call would have wanted. Her funeral service was beautiful. She had her children, and all their families there - a total of 112 posterity! Pretty amazing, considering she was told never to have children, and advised during her first pregnancy to have an abortion. She went forward with faith during that first pregnancy, and ended up with seven wonderful children, all of whom adore her. She was a diligent writer, and left behind 21 journals, recording her life. They chose to read from those journals during her funeral, and it was perfect! We'll miss Grandma Call, but she died with a wonderful testimony, and was excited to be with her sweetheart again. Grandpa Call died over 17 years ago, and although she continued to live a positive and productive life, she missed him every day. In the funeral they talked of her desire to walk hand in hand with him again. So, while we'll miss our Grandma Call, we're happy she is with her Nolan again.
We got the chance to look at houses when we were in the valley and it made us VERY excited, to say the least, about getting back to the desert. We've enjoyed Seattle, but we're feeling ready to move on - we can't wait to own a home, and actually have a yard.
In other news, Dave is official, he passed the Western Regional Board Exam, and got his acceptance card, he applied for his dental license today, and should be able to practice in just a week or two!!
Our three year anniversary came and went last month too! It's hard to believe it's been three years, in some ways it seems like it's been forever, yet I remember our wedding day like it was yesterday. We went to the temple on our anniversary and did sealings, enjoyed dinner at a great restaurant called Salty's (right on the water in Seattle, with a spectacular view of downtown), and ended our night with cupcakes and a movie!

And finally, in Lily news - our daughter can officially say the following words: Ball, Baby, Mama, Apple, Hello, Uh-Oh, No (we love hearing that one), Bye-bye and Papa. Here is a little video of "hello", can you tell she's her mother's daughter? She already loves the cell phone.




6 comments:
oh, i am so glad we got to see you last week. you two got matt and i excited about coming back too (and that won't be for 4 years!) i can't wait to live out in gilbert by you!!!
Love the hello, that was fantastic! She is so cute! Love it!
Happy Anniversary! I think a lot of us are looking forward to your return to the desert. Your Lily sure is darling!
Happy belated Anniversary! It sure is easy to keep track of yours with ours so close. It's amazing how time flies. Lily, as I've said before, I sware is a prodigy. It was wonderful to see and be with you at Grandma's passing. She truely was an amazing woman wasn't she?! And I am so happy for Dave! Whoops...I mean Dr. Ellingson: Yipee!!! It is finally finished. I told him the other day that he is officially a grown up now that he is 100% done with school. Sure love you guys! Oh yes...I hope we can join the Gilbert crew too!
What a beautiful tribute to your Grandma Call, and what an amazing story! I understand the need to "move on" and hope you get to Arizona sooner than later! I would love to come visit you - I've never been and absolutely love the dessert atmosphere. Little Lily's "hello" is absolutely adorable too. ;)
It was so fun to see you guys! Lily is just adorable! And congrats to Dave too!
Post a Comment