Monday, September 10, 2007

Fives

Sarah Painter tagged me!!

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:

1. Enjoying my senior year of high school.
2. Breaking up with my boyfriend of 2 ½ years, to date his neighbor (mean, I know, it was high school). I got what I deserved, the new boyfriend ended up being a total jerk and cheating on me.
3. Deciding where to go to college – I ended up at the University of Missouri – 45 minutes away from home.
4. I was probably busy trying WAY too hard to fit in. That’s one big part of being young that I don’t miss.
5. Taking a ceramics class in high school and LOVING it – that was my favorite class.

5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Family Home Evening (singing with Lily)
2. Go to the grocery store.
3. Play with Lily.
4. Run.
5. Clean our bedroom.
(proud to say I finished all of the above).

5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Wheat Thins and cheddar cheese
2. Apples (especially Honey Crisp apples – which are now in season – yay!!!)
3. Yoplait Yogurt
4. Anything Sweet
5. Watermelon

5 songs I know the lyrics to:
1. I Am A Child of God
2. Pretty much any Jack Johnson song
3. Shake Your Sillies Out – The Wiggles
4. Stickwitu – The Pussycat Dolls
5. Eye of The Tiger - Survivor

5 things I would do if I was a millionaire:
1. Give money to my parents and my in-laws!!
2. Buy a beach house.
3. Get a cleaning lady.
4. SHOP, SHOP, SHOP.
5. Visit family.

5 bad habits:
1. FOOD.
2. Lack of Flossing – I’m doing better since I’m married to a dentist, but I’m still not the best.
3. Too much TV
4. I’m a shopaholic.
5. Saying bad things about myself.

5 things I’d never wear again:
1. Slapbracelets.
2. The classic high waisted, tapered, pleated, tight rolled, stonewashed jean.
3. Teeny bikini – not sure how I ever brought myself to wear them even before I was mormon – I just can’t imagine baring it all like that anymore.
4. Bangs – I have the shortest forehead known to man, and they’re just not cute on me.
5. Tube Belts.

5 favorite toys:
1. My laptop
2. My Treo
3. My daughter’s Kettler Tricycle – it’s a source of never-ending entertainment for her.
4. Our treadmill
5. The DVD player in our car.

I tag Mary P., Jill S., Lisa B., Catherine Y.

13 comments:

Jill said...

are you seriously moving here in a few weeks? how come I thought you were coming in January?

i'll honor my tagging, tomorrow. :)

Jaime S. said...

Auburn,
that was a fun one to read.

Mary Postert said...

Are you serious you'll never wear a slap bracelet again? If I owned one, I'd be wearing it now. Thanks for taggin' me.

Matt Painter said...

Those are GREAT! You're a HS class of 98er just like me! I'm glad I tagged you. Yours was super fun to read. How are you feeling? Did you get sick with being prego with Lilly?

Matt Painter said...

Oh, it's Sarah Painter. My husband logged in earlier

Lara said...

fun. i love the way you talk.

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh I feel like I got to know you a little more by reading this Auburn! I completely relate to that "trying to fit in" commment. Isn't High School brutal?

J.R. said...

Slap bracelets, that made me laugh. I bet your daughter will be wearing them at some point though :)

Solveig Atwood said...

I loved this, Auburn. I was excited to find your blog, and also to hear that you're going to have another baby! That is so exciting, congratulations! I can't wait to hear about things as they progress.

We're back in the blogosphere after being MIA since we've been in Indiana, so we'll be better at keeping in touch. Good luck with everything and we'll look forward to reading about all your news!

Pace & Gwen said...

I just learned how little I know about you... you joined the church when?? I'd love to hear your story!

Debbie said...

Auburn, I have been blog hopping all day and had the biggest blast seeing what everyone has been up to. Let's hear it for the 4th warders!!! Mike & I loved his years of serving there and all of the great people we got to know! Congrats on the newest addition (in about 6 months!)

Jacob said...

Fun and funny! Make sure to let me know if you need a ride to the airport - if I'm free I'll definitely be your cheuffer (sp?)!!

cat said...

okay, i am back and i am ready. loved your fives.