Since when did it become so hard to pick out decorations? It seems like when I lived the apartment life, it wasn't nearly as stressful. Now, I feel so much more indecisive, trying to think about picking something that I'm going to like for the next umpteen years is OVERWHELMING. Oh, and who 100% agrees with their spouse on exactly what furniture to buy?!? And, who knew that it took so long to actually get the furniture you order? We got a kitchen table on December 3rd, but the chairs won't arrive until February or March, the couch we're 95% sure we're going to order is going to take 9 weeks to arrive (which probably means it'll actually be 12 weeks), so at 29 weeks pregnant I better hurry up and get that bad boy ordered!!
Ok - I feel better now that I've vented and I would appreciate any advice and/or encouragement that you all have! And, for those of you who have been waiting for pictures of our house, I'll just post a picture of some of the furniture that we have ordered, it's really much more exciting than our actual house:
*couch we're ordering is in chocolate brown (i.e. best for hiding stains from dirty little hands). It will be in our family room, we haven't even THOUGHT about the living room yet.
*This rug will be in the family room along with the couch we are ordering. We ordered the rug quite a while ago, so it has been the lone source of COLOR in our house for the last month and a half.
*table is here, has two leaves, we have one in it all the time, so our table isn't square like in the picture, but it's just as pretty as the picture. When both leaves are in the table it seats 10 people comfortably, once the chairs arrive in EARLY SPRING we'll start actually having people over for dinner!
*These bedside tables are in our bedroom, they only took about two weeks to get delivered (we bought a black antique finished bedroom set), and they look great together. The bedding that we ordered is HALF here, and the rest should be here in another week and a half. It's pretty and I'll post a picture once it all arrives!Anyway, mark your calendars for approximately 2 years from now when we have a nice big housewarming party and invite all of our fabulous friends and neighbors over!
And, if I you invite us over to your house and I have a hard time peeling myself off your couch, now you know why!




24 comments:
You are hilarious! It's so true though about decorating a house versus an apartment....much more attached to a house!! I love your table--we almost got the exact one at a store going out of business...the chairs were in stock, so maybe check there :-) The good thing about you taking so long is that your house will be beautiful and exactly what you want...I am since changing my mind since we got everything so fast!!! Be patient. And how are you the cutest pregnant girl ever? I love your new dress every week :-) You look amazing!
It's going to be beautiful, I can't wait to see it all together!
I love the potbelly night stands. I keep thinking I'd like to do something in my bedroom that is fun like that.
Oh Auburn! Well, I think you're spot-on about the reason why apartment decorating was so less stressful: No long term commitment to it...so it's usually "cheap" and if you don't like it - who really cares...it's gone in a couple years anyway!
I LOVE the furniture you've chosen. I know...my parents are in process of ordering furniture for their new house in Puerto Vaillarta (Mexico) and it's taking litterally MONTHS for them to arrive. I have no idea why it takes them so long to pull a couch out of a wearhouse...the only explanation I have is that they actually custom-make the ordered furnature. That would explain the delay. But Gheesh! I sympathize.
What did you do with your comfy brown reliner? :) Don't you have that to sit on at least? I remember what a joy it was for you to buy it...tears and all.
Oh - and you are ALWAYS invited to come visit me in Boston (consider the invitation continually open until it happens). :)
you have Great taste! i can't wait to see pics of your actual house. i love that dark brown couch and the rug. Beautiful!
Great taste! I will have a similar dilemma when we actually get into a real house. However, I think we'll have to furnish one room at a time if we get the furniture we really want - it's so darn expensive!
Two years! Got it, it's marked on my calendar. Don't forget to invite me. Better yet, don't forget to have the party.
I love what you have picked out. You definitley have great tastes, this I have known forever. As far as the wait goes...I feel for you. However this might help. Picture bringing baby #2 home to a 450 square foot apartment; then you'll feel better. :)
You are sooo funny. Oh and I LOVE that furniture. Once you paint the walls, I promise it will feel more homey.
oh my...that is some beautiful furniture. I guess that means I'll have to make a little visit down to AZ! You've got a knack for design.
Do you have a zoo membership? If not, just come with us. I can get you in free and Lily is free anyway. We would love to have company!!! Let me know when you could go. Have a great day.
You have GREAT taste! Keep trusting your instincts and good luck!!
Can't wait to see the "finished product"...in a couple of years!!
;o)
Love it, love it all. I especially love the rug. You guys did a good job!
Love the picture and what you have done with the place.
Your house will be beautiful! I LOVE that PB table and hope to get the same one someday when we can afford it! Lucky you! I laughed at the 2 yr. comment. We've been in our house a little over 3 yrs. now and I'm finally starting to feel like I have the rooms and decorations that way I want them. It does seem to take a LONG time for some reason. I hope I can see your house in person someday! You've got great taste!
I can tell already that it's all going to look great. And don't worry about how long it takes. It was years before we even furnished our living room...not that anyone really went in there but it did take us forever. Seems every time we went to look for furniture in there we ended up finding some thing else and got side tracked. And the good news, is that it makes you appreciate it even more when it does arrive!!!
OK, super cute stuff! I especially love the rug you picked! You have to understand that it all takes time to get things the way you want them...if it happened instantaneously, you would want to change some things! AND...it does get easier after some decisions are made and things are purchased...you aren't starting from nothing.
We still need to plan a time for me to come over....my schedule is easier than yours, so call me.
But isn't it great to get all new stuff, and not have junky old junk!? I think everything will go together nicely! Love th table too, our friends have those chairs, but the table is high, like ours, you will like them I bet. And you will love staying home! Then you can do some painting to warm things up a bit! Hang in there and let's see a belly shot!
Ok so true that once you own your house its harder to pick out decor. Love the stuff you picked out. you need to come see our house...our couch is chocolate brown. Come down tomorrow...or Sunday. A girl in our ward has a furniture store where you can order things and she charges you just barely above wholesale so you really need to talk to me...I'll make things harder for you. Seriously come over...
I love all your pieces!! I agree - although decorating IS fun, when one is entirely picky (for the right "we'll have it forever!" reasons) one can easily be overwhelmed and stressed out. And let's not forget to mention that it's not ONE'S decision entirely. Good for me, though, I bought, furnished and decorated my place before Pace was ever in the picture. I don't look forward to having to re-do any place together (though his input is wonderful and he does give me plenty of room to decide ultimately - love you honey!). But congratulations and soon, soon, yes, you will be at home with your babies, and one day, it will be furnished. Congratulations!!
A friend of linz. Where is that first couch from? It's looks exactly like what I want. Is it a conversation couch (curved)? I also want one that is slightly oversized. I hate that they make you wait so long.
Looks great.
Thank you so much for the zoo invite. I would have loved to bring the kids, but Randon went down for a four hour nap at 9:00 this morning....not sure where that came from but I wasn't complaining--too bad they don't happen very often (I would say that was a FIRST for him)!! Hope you are feeling better. We will have to go again sometime.
You're funny. I can hear your tone when I read your blog posts. It's fun. Just remember that your home is not about your furniture and paint. :o) It's about you and Dave and Lily having a sweet little family together. Sappy, I know, but I truly believe that. We've been remodeling for over 2 1/2 years now, living in it for over 1 1/2 years. Our house has a lot of work left, but I feel like we are constantly enriching our home in other ways... OK. I'm officially a cheese ball...
I can't wait for my house to be done too. MAYBE we'll have our housewarming party in two years too! LOL. It better not take that long...
Post a Comment