Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Strangely, this makes me excited to have a boy . . .


My friends and I met at Tempe Marketplace for a playdate today, and even though Jill told us to bring swimsuits for the kids, I forgot. Luckily, she was prepared and had an extra suit . . . for a boy. So, that's what Lily wore, and it was actually super cute. This is a picture of she and Cohen enjoying the fountains. I think Cohen might be her first crush, she can't stand to be away from him when we are on playdates, and she even ate his frozen corn. Which, for those of you who know my anti-vegetable child, is a big step. Seeing her in this little suit, made me excited for a little Ellingson man. I have high hopes that this one will look like Dave, since there isn't an ounce of Dave in Lily. I just want him to get that killer dimple that his Daddy has. Lastly, can I just give a shout out to this fabulous state that I live in! I love that my kid is playing outside in the water in MID-MARCH.

We'll keep you posted on any baby developments and don't forget to vote below. The closest date and the closest weight without going over will get something special . . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Lily is such a little babe even in boy swim shorts, I love it!

Joe and Joanne said...

Adorable! I love the little trunks she has on and the look on her face. HOW NICE that the weather is warm enough there to play in the fountains!? Maybe I should move to Arizona...
Well, I hadn't read the other guesses below until just now and it looks like Tysha's "three days early" would land her on the 21st too, and she guessed 9 lbs too. So, I had better make a slight adjustment to mine:
I'm still keeping the March 21 (as that's my B-day too...so I would love him born then) but I'll guess 8 lbs 10 oz. :-)

Anne said...

So cute! Lily looks adorable as usual. I hope baby gets Daddy's dimple too! :)

cherlyn and family said...

Really cute picture of Lily and her friend. Anyway I hope you are doing well.

Emilee said...

that is a great shot of showing how much fun she had! I pray that everything goes well for you and the baby! i am so excited for you, i love having 2!

Kristi said...

That will be a very funny picture to show them when they are older, especially if they decide to date or something... :o)

the Painters said...

Lilly is soooo adorable and as she is just as beautiful as her momma, she does have a smidgen of Dave in her. I can see it. YOU are gorgeous so of course the baby boy in your belly is going to be soooo handsome!

Debbie said...

Can you believe how nice our weather has been!!! How fun to go with Jill to a play day at the Tempe Marketplace. I had no idea they had so many fun places there.