Monday, July 21, 2008

wilderness adventures

This past weekend was our ward campout! We had a blast. We took Mimi & Papa's camping trailer and truck and headed out on Friday afternoon. Lily loved riding in Papa's "big truck" and driving through the mountains near Globe, AZ. After we got through them she kept saying "I wanna drive through the mountains again", and we kept having to explain to her that we had to go where the road went . . . she wasn't quite "gettin' it" because she kept pointing out mountains in the distance and saying "over there" (pronounced "over dere").

Once we got there and got the trailer all situated we pretty much hung out in it until bedtime, and Lily was HILARIOUS. She was bouncing off the walls and was extremely hyper. We had set up a bed with a rail so she couldn't roll off and she was climbing in and out of it and calling it her "special crib". Cannon was just watching her in fascination . . .

On Saturday we enjoyed breakfast with the ward, some activities with the kids, and there was a pretty creek at the campground and we really enjoyed that!



Overall a great experience. Dave always says it's work to make memories, and he's right! But it's well worth it!!

On a side note I have to record two funny things that Lily has said in the last two days. Yesterday we were at church and she was sitting on Dave's lap. She was kind of leaned back drinking out of her sippy cup and she looks up at Dave's nose and says "daddy, you got boogers" . . . "pick them daddy, pick them". She said it like FOUR times, and it was of course pin drop quiet in church so the whole congregation must have heard her. We couldn't find the "boogers" in his nose that she was referring to . . . it was just nose hair . . . apparently she's never seen any nose hair in her life.

We were at Target together this morning and she was singing the Barney song the whole time as loud as she possibly could and seriously entertaining the entire store. Everyone just kept laughing at her. As we are leaving Target she looks at me and says "I need to go to the bank." While trying to keep a straight face I asked her, "why?" She looked at me matter-of-factly and said "I need to get a lollipop." Oh what a funny kid I have. I have a feeling she's going to have me smiling and laughing very often . . .

12 comments:

Lara said...

Looks like fun! and it sounds like you are going to have a little girl who gets you into trouble in public like mine....

Carma Lee said...

The spot looks so beautiful. Like you said, we've got to go there as a family. Lily keeps us all in stitches - we love it!

Emilee said...

it only gets more fun! baylee does that all the time (either sing or scream pretty much)! i love the naked pics. you look so good too by the way! and i really dont look good, it just happened not be that bad in the pics! but thanks for the compliment!

Anne said...

I love the picture of Dave with his little man, so cute!

Lily is a crack up. She makes me laugh al the time- Will is going to go crazy without her these next two weeks!

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Okay that is laugh out loud funny. I love her!!!! Chase bank by any chance? I am laughing "with" your husband. Was his nose red from aggressively trying to free the boogs that turned out to not be there? But it didn't matter the rest of the block was he still paranoid, and sure to keep his head down a little, just in case. Ha ha, what a crack up that kids do that to their parents. Glad you guys went to the camp out, they only get better. .

J.R. said...

Lily is hillarious and I love to read about her latest pronouncements.

That spot looks beautiful! Maybe we'll have to use it for a reunion on of these years.

Joe and Joanne said...

Lily has a GREAT sense of humor. She is hiliarious! I love that Cannon just watches her in fascination. So adorable.
What a fun ward campout! It looks like it was beautiful scenery. I didn't realize there were trees and such like that in AZ. Shows that I've never been there...

Such a fun post to read! Love you!

Jill said...

Cohen loves the post office for the same reason... lollipops! If I say we're going to do errands he says, "Post office mom?!"

Kristi said...

I love these funny stories, and it's great to get them recorded. We always think we'll remember them always, but in the end...we forget. The camping trip looks like it was beautiful! Maybe we'll have to go back to that spot!

Sheri Lee said...

Looks like fun, I wish we could have made it! That is so funny about the boogers, but I did not hear it at church, although that would have been great fun! Does Dave need a nose hair trimmer for his birhtday?

Erin said...

Sure wish we could have made the campout...after seeing those great pics it makes me even more SAD!!!! But hey we got to spend some good times with the fam...uh huh. And that Lily is quite the gal...way too cute and way to smart. We missed hearing about the boogers on Sunday...maybe because I was clear in the back. Would have been good for a laugh though.

Caralee said...

Fun trip! When are you going to go camping with us?