I remember the day. It doesn't seem like seven years ago. I was a junior in College. I was driving to work. I heard on the radio that a plane had struck the World Trade Center. I worked at a bank. We moved TV's into the lobby and watched them. Hardly anyone came to the bank that day. We were all glued to the media coverage. I remember wanting to know who did it. I am grateful for my freedom and for my religion.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
I remember the day. It doesn't seem like seven years ago. I was a junior in College. I was driving to work. I heard on the radio that a plane had struck the World Trade Center. I worked at a bank. We moved TV's into the lobby and watched them. Hardly anyone came to the bank that day. We were all glued to the media coverage. I remember wanting to know who did it. I am grateful for my freedom and for my religion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
It is crazy that it has already been seven years! I was in college too. I was sitting at the kitchen table grading calc papers for my TA job. My brother called to tell me what happened so I turned on the TV and watched the second plane hit. What a day. I remember riding my bike to school and being afraid. I thought my classes would be canceled. They weren't. I thought my teachers wouldn't care if we didn't do homework that night. I failed a quiz the next day because I didn't do my reading. My little brother thought he would be drafted. My sister went to the store and stocked up on all the basics. Last minute food storage. Steve's plane couldn't leave so he was stuck in Utah for a few days, away from his family, but with us. I am grateful for my freedom and religion too. I'm glad you posted this. I should have posted something for September 11.
How blessed we are to have the Gospel to help us keep things like this in perspective. Despite terror in the world, we should be joyful for we understand the eternal aspect of things and should not live in fear - caution and wisdom yes, but fear - NO! I LOVE AMERICA & the Gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!
I remember where I was too on that day . . . in New York. Mine and Jenny's vacation didn't turn out much like a vacation. Instead we ended up wandering all over the state of Pennsylvania, listening to the radio nonstop while we drove to get updates. I love America and am so happy to get to live here in this great country.
Hey Auburn,
I found your blog through somebody else's blog. I hope that's okay. I am so happy you posted something for Sept. 11. It is a day that nobody should forget! I also feel so blessed to live in this free nation it truly is a land of opportunity where anything is possible through hard work and devotion.
Hey Auburn,
I found your blog through somebody else's blog. I hope that's okay. I am so happy you posted something for Sept. 11. It is a day that nobody should forget! I also feel so blessed to live in this free nation it truly is a land of opportunity where anything is possible through hard work and devotion.
Hey thanks for calling. I will call you later on tonight. I love your patraiotism!
I can still remember fighting back the sensation to cry after I saw the first plane in the sky several days later. We are so fortunate to have been blessed to live in the United States were we have enjoyed such freedom, but more especially, as you noted, to have the gospel in our lives!
Post a Comment