Sunday, December 7, 2008

Elllingson

Thanksgiving

What a fun time we've had the last two weeks!! We had Dave's family in town for a long visit and we LOVED it. We only get to see Matt/Lara/Jack/Grace once a year, and Rob/Corinne/Kyson/Camree & JR about twice a year, so having everyone here together was a blast. We did LOTS of fun things, so beware of the picture overload, but this is my on-line journal, so I have to document the happenin's. I didn't have the patience to try to put everything in chronological order, so in random order . . . here is our Ellingson Thanksgiving:


Our attempt at a quick family picture before Thanksgiving dinner.
Made more difficult by people like this . . .

The "BIG" kids at Mimi's grandkid party. The 2+ year olds got to spend a special evening with Mimi and Papa and they did loads of fun things!
Played follow the leader
Read Christmas storiesRaced remote control cars.
Ate popcorn and watched Frosty the SnowmanAnd the cutest part . . . the girls were so tired and Mimi was trying to get them to sleep, and they refused to lay without touching Mimi, so they all fell asleep "touching" Mimi. Luckily, Papa snapped a picture!Just a cute one of Cannon in his "hand-me-down" old man pajamas. He looks so cute in them! Thanks Jill!We went and rode ponies at the King's house in Lehi and the kids and parents loved it.
Mommy & CannonMounting the Pony like a true pro.
Lily swinging in the King's backyard. For those of you who are not aware. Do NOT put Lily in a swing unless you are prepared to push her for at least 20 minutes and then negotiate with her to finally get her off of it.Cannon riding Gidget.
Mommy and Cannon on Gidget.We blessed baby Alice. I don't have a picture of her on my camera, but Lily and Gracie showed up in coordinating outfits and it was so cute!
Here is the some of the family taking a walk to feed the horses in Mimi and Papa's neighborhood. Lily riding her bike on the horse feeding excursion.
The boys working with their Dad one day. In this picture they are fixing the pool filter.Cannon picnicing in the backyard.Swimming at our house.
Hot tubbing at our house.
Dave and I ran the Turkey Trot and beat the Turkey!! Can you believe this guys runs 6.2 miles in this costume, in 48 minutes?
Uncle Rob sporting a fabulous apron for the Turkey carving. Somehow he always get stuck with the job of cutting the turkey.Shooting with Uncle Doug and cousin Jon.We had our Christmas party while everyone was here and we had a Nativity and it was hilarious. I'm sure it's not supposed to be hilarious, but with all of those little kids how can it not be funny? (don't I make a fabulous star?)
Uncle Spencer drew Mary out of the hat . . . next year we're going to have a separate hat for the male and female roles . . .
Our surprised Shepherd.Opening presents.Some of the Grandkids.
Lily in her fabulous new dress-up she got from Gracie. Isn't it slimming?
A few of the boys hanging out one night.I didn't have the kids take "official" pictures with Santa, but between Lara's shoots I was able to have her snap Cannon with him. Ignore the ghetto outfit and focus on the adorable face. Lily wouldn't sit on his lap, so no pictures with Santa for her.
We were able to snap a quick one of all of the brothers with Santa.

So, that was only a FEW of the things we did with all of the family the last few weeks! Hope you enjoyed ;o)

We're looking forward to having all of my family in town for Christmas. I'm sure you'll get another long post with picture overload then too!

13 comments:

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Wow, love all the pictures. Kids in pj's are so darling! I love the little faces Lily makes, she's got so much personality and seems like Cannon might be following her lead in that. What little cuties you have. Glad you had so much fun, it all looked like a blast.

Courtney said...

So fun! I missed you these last couple of weeks...but glad you had a good time with your family! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Cannon in the old man pajamas! Too cute!

Joele and Matt said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Lara said...

so fun....I think I'll just post a link to your blog for my post!! It was so great to see you and hang out...I so miss you...

Emilee said...

dang fun! I always say this, but i so wish my own family was closer in life-ness. no one is in the same phase of life! ah! oh well! loved all the pictures and was cracking up at most of them! you look so good too!

JD said...

Great to see everything is going so well for you and your family! Keep the photos coming, I love seeing them!

Judy

Brooke said...

Looks like a GREAT time!!!!

I love the Nativity Idea! SO Cute!

Kristi said...

Lara has the right idea! I need to blog about it too!!! So, our husbands are babes! :o)

Carma Lee said...

We do have fun together!!

Marianne said...

What a fun couple weeks! It's always a party when family comes in town!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Love the pictures! And I definitely want to know where you got those Crocs.....SO CUTE!

Auburn said...

CROCS are from Dillards. Love 'em.

Caralee said...

Oh what fun! thanks again for having us!