So I want to give a quick recap of Christmas since I was computerless for so long! Here are a few things we did:
Spent time together as a family.
Drooled. Got two new teeth. Up to SIX now.
(notice the drool stringing from the mouth and the completely wet shirt . . . love teething . . . love it.)
(notice the drool stringing from the mouth and the completely wet shirt . . . love teething . . . love it.)
Went on the Polar Express train in Williams, AZ with the Fearbers. Good times. Here is Daddy keeping Lily warm. We left Cannon at home with Mimi - thanks for watching him for us!
Continued to play on a indoor soccer team (no I've never played before, but it is SO fun), and come home with battle wounds weekly. Ignore the largeness of my thigh in this picture and focus on the HEXAGON mark imprinted into my thigh that stayed there for a week! (in the next game I turned my ankle, and this week I came home with a HUGE bruise on my knee) I love playing though and the bumps and bruises are worth it. If only I wasn't so aggressive . . .
Enjoyed our first Christmas at home in SIX years! Lily especially enjoyed the Ace Bandages she got from Uncle Chance.
Cannon loved the wrapping paper . . .
I love my new kitchen backsplash that Dave surprised me with!!
(outlet covers are not in yet, so it's not totally done, but it looks great . . . my husband is so talented).
And last, but certainly not least, we're saying goodbye to the blue bullet. It has served it's purpose for us, and my husband has moved up to a flashy 2007 Honda Civic - with an AIR CONDITIONER. He's livin' the highlife now.
(I joke, but I truly am grateful that he's thrifty and not the least bit pretenious - it's a great quality!)
My family came in town over the holidays and it was so fun to have them here. Thank you for making the effort to fly here and enjoy the warm weather. I know it was a sacrifice for everyone to come, but it sure was nice not to drag the two little ones across the country during the holidays! We did get some family pictures done with my entire family so I'll post those soon.




13 comments:
The backsplash looks awesome! I want to see it in person. I'm seriously having soccer withdrawls. I think I NEED to play next season.
Loving the backsplash. Good work!
I had to laugh at the soccor battle wound. Our stake just started women's bball and I came home with a bruised knee and I even caused one girl to hit the floor so hard she started bleeding. I really wasn't doing anything wrong. I just get a little aggressive when I go after the ball. oops!
oooh, i love the splash! and i HATE to floss my teeth! why, i dont know, but i would never get that goal done, good luck to ya! i can go without pop though, i hate it actually...
Your new header is cute! :o) Get me the list of pictures you want! I thought they turned out great. I hope you like them. :o)
Looks like a fun wrap up to 2008! I love the new back splash...and totally disappointed that Matt won't inherit that "blue bullet" when we come back!
That backsplash is gorgeous! I'm excited about Dave's new car and your "new" computer too. :)
Your hubby is much like his daddy - great guys aren't they! We are blessed women!!
Oh how nice it is to have a computer! :) It's amazing how much we take our modern conveniences for granted; when they poop out on us, it's always an enlightening exercise of reality.
Ouch Auburn! That welt looks painful. Good job though - keep after that ball!
Love the pictures. Cannon has SO MUCH HAIR! Good-ness, I think he already has more than me! :)
It was great to read the news! Looks like you had a fabulous holiday.
I love that car.. Your hubby is a humble man.. that's fantastic!
I love your new header! Way to go Scrapbooker! You are awesome!
Dave did a great job on the back splash. Your kitchen looks beautiful!
How sad for Dave I know you said he loves that car! I'm glad your computer is back up and running!
Post a Comment