Thursday, February 26, 2009

Potty Trained


I was gone on Sunday night for a little while and while I was gone my child decided to Potty Train herself. We've been talking to her about going in the potty for a while, but I was kind of being lazy and didn't want to push potty training, my goal was to have her potty trained by the time she was three (I know - I'm seriously lazy). Well, her cousin Kyson is visiting and she wanted to watch him do his business the other day, and has been going on her own ever since. Not one accident, not even at NIGHT! I don't even have to ask her if she needs to go, she just tells. When I do ask her, she looks at me all exasperated like, and says "Mommy, I'll tell YOU when I need to go".

I recorded these two adorable voicemail's that she left me when I was gone on Sunday night and you can click on the links below to listen to them. The cutest part about the whole thing . . . all she wants to wear are "Cars Panties" . . . FYI in case you were wondering, they don't make those kind of underwear for girls.


CLICK HERE


CLICK HERE



22 comments:

Meredith said...

those are the cutest "tocks" i've ever seen :) that's awesome - she's clearly self-sufficient ;)

onehm said...

OH how spoiled are you?? Gigantor has NO INTEREST whatsoever. I'm a little sad about that.
Those "panties" are the cutest on her little buns.

Congrats to Lily!!

onehm said...

PS. I LOVE your topper. DARLING!!

The O'Neils said...

That's so awesome that she would potty train herself! I couldn't get the messages to play...but I am sure they're cute :)

K8yerM8 said...

Lily reminds me a lot of Tessa when she was that age. Just watch out. Tessa also pottytrained herself. And now she is 16. It goes by soooo fast. Hang on to them. Good job Lily!

Lisa W said...

So I was looking at the first picture without scrolling down to read what you wrote and noticed the underwear and thought, "Are those Mater's buckteeth on those underwear? What little girl character has buck teeth?" Well, yeah, they were Mater's buckteeth. Oh I am such a mother of boys if I can recognize the character just by the teeth! But I do have one little big girl who was also a breeze to potty train. And yes, she wore boy underwear on occasion too!

Carma Lee said...

Mimi & Papa loved having her call and report :) This shows you how powerful "peer" influence is!

thegoulds said...

you lucky lady! That's awesome - loved the phone calls

Anne said...

She's awesome! I knew she'd just make up her mind and do it. Though I'm still going to claim all of this is from my meticulous training over the weekend. You can thank me later by taking care of Will's training. :)

Unknown said...

She is so stinkin cute, and such a big girl now.

Joe and Joanne said...

Congratulations! Potty training can be a huge nightmare for some parents - how nice that she just took it upon herself. Awesome!

That Miss L is so cute: she's becoming so articulate in what she says. Very funny!

'Cars' is a great movie: Excellent choice in panties! ;)

Kristi said...

I'm so jealous. :o) And so excited for you! I'm just going to wait until Claire isn't terrified anymore of the toilet. She talks big, but she's so scared!

Ammons Family said...

What! I am so jealous. Carter isn't potty trained yet and he is over three. What are you drugging her with? Just kidding, but you do have one smart child on your hands.

Joele and Matt said...

Yay Lilly!! Too cute:)

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Congrats! Little Lucy is terrified of the potty, but we aren't pushing anything yet. I think it's best when they decide they're ready (as evident with Lilly). I just hope she decided before she turns 3!

J.R. said...

Nothing like good 'ole peer pressure.

And I love the Cars "panties"

Lara said...

That rocks! Could that kid be any more easy!!??? I need one of those next time around! Love the cars undies!

Linz said...

I love her so much I can't even stand it. I hope I get a girl just like Lily!

Staci said...

You lucky woman! I am sooo dreading potty training.

Brooke said...

Rheesie is totally down with those cars undies! Now if she would just get on board with using the potty! Congrats, to you and especially Lily! She is amazing!

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Congratulations!!! Love that little doll!!

Dallas and Krista said...

That is too cute! Can she give my kid a tip??