Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We survived!

Yes we did.

Not only did we survive three days with four kids, but I survived traveling to Missouri with a one and two-year old on my own! The kids were great. I really can't complain. Not only did we survive the flight, but several 2+ hour car rides with no DVD player in the car . . . seriously . . . my kids aren't used to that. Sad, I know, but they really do learn things from the DVD's . . . at least that is what I tell myself.

The reason for the trip back home was to see my one and only girl cousin get married! They found out right before their rehersal dinner that their photographer was committed to a mental institution, so she wouldn't be taking pictures . . . and no, I'm not joking. Can you even imagine? They live in a town with 300 people, there aren't a lot of photographers running around. So, I (along with a few other people) was asked to take some pictures, and I got a few cute shots, but I'm no professional photographer. What a nightmare!!

Anyway, the wedding was pretty, and my kids enjoyed it. It was outside on a farm and they were loving running around!

Here is a shot of Rachel getting ready.

Photobucket

All dolled up.

Photobucket

The wedding party at Sunset.

Photobucket

Lily petting one of the horses on the farm.

Photobucket

After the wedding we spent some quality time with my Grandparents. It was bittersweet. Who knows how many times I'll be at their house again, or enjoy their company. It was hard not to keep thinking that.

Photobucket

After a couple of days in southwest Missouri we headed back to my parents house in Jefferson City. I was glad to go back and enjoy the house I grew up in one last time. They are moving out here eventually, and have their house for sale, so I'm not sure if I'll see it again!! Again, kind of bittersweet.

Cannon and Lily thoroughly enjoyed Nana and Poppy's!! Cannon was busy all week digging dirt out of the yard and throwing it all over their driveway. I was amazed how fast that kid could move dirt!

Photobucket

Here is a shot of Lily and Nana!

Photobucket

I did get to spend some time with a few old friends too and that was a blast. One of them I hadn't seen in probably 8 years!! Good to see you Lindsey, Ashley and Jennifer!

10 comments:

Kristi said...

That sunset picture is gorgeous!!!! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I loved all the pictures! Good thing you were there and you know how to really use your camera now!!! Lucky cousin! And your mom is so photogenic! That must be where YOU get it from!

Carma Lee said...

I'm with Kristi, the sunset picture is beautiful! Loved the Grandparents shot - old faces are heart warming because they reflect so much life and love. Love the hat on Lily.

Corinne said...

i am glad that you had a fun trip. love the picture of your grandparents soo cute!

Anne said...

That pic of your grandparents is super cute and I love Lily with your Mom. So many pretty women in your family! :)

I'm glad you guys had fun but we missed you! Will can't stop talking about Lily being back from the airplane, haha.

Staci said...

so, so fun Auburn. I love your pictures. You're like a professional...seriously.

K8yerM8 said...

You are more of a photographer than you think. They are great pictures. Keep it up. And give your sister a run for her money! :)

Lara said...

I'm so glad you had a good time...great pics too! I love the picture of your grandparents. I think the same thing about mine...you have a great heritage. Hugs.

Caralee said...

I'm glad that you had a nice trip. You really did take some very nice pictures. So sweet of Lily and your mom. Look forward to seeing you soon...

Joe and Joanne said...

Committed to a mental institution?! Seriously?! That truly is a nightmare. However, professional photographer or not, I think the pictures you took are amazing, and I'm sure she'll love them for years to come.

That is SO funny that Cannon was picking dirt out of the yard! I can't stop laughing at that picture. What a fun little guy! Send him on over here, I'm sure my landlord would love some free irrigation! :)
That brings me to an important topic: Any trips to visit your brother here in Cambridge soon? I know a visit to him would mean a visit to me too... (hint, hint). :)

The Rowden's said...

It was so good to catch up while you were here! Lily is a doll and we hope to meet Cannon next time...hopefully sooner than later!