
The picture above is us standing in line to get on the shuttle buses that took you to the starting line. There were multiple lines and ours was SIX blocks long. We didn't get to the starting line until 10 minutes after the gun went off. ANNOYING.
The course was HILLY. Especially miles 15-20 and 25-26. When you've run that far going downhill hurts as much as going up. I was craving the flatlands of Phoenix. I wasn't craving the Phoenix heat though. The weather in Seattle that day was PERFECT.
We finished in 3:57. I was hoping to run faster.
Interesting facts - 68% of the runners were female, there were 21,000+ finishers and about 30% of those did the full marathon.
Dave hurt his knee two weeks prior to the race (he fell and sliced it open on a rock when we were camping). He wasn't even sure he was going to be able to run the entire race. He planned on running the half-marathon for sure, and if he felt good he would finish the race with me. Turned out he was able to run the entire race. It was a blessing for me because he ran right along side me encouraging me through the hills. It was disappointing for him not to run at his pace after so much training, but we have the St. George marathon coming up in October, so he's looking forward to that. Speaking of that, I'm not sure if I'm going to run any more marathons after this. Heck, I'm not even sure at this point if I'm going to run St. George. There is so much time that goes into training, and I need to make sure that I can mentally commit! Not to mention the pain . . . I wish that St. George had a half-marathon option and I would just do that! At this point a thirteen mile race sounds like a breeze!
Oh, and funny thing. After the race we had to walk TWO miles back to our car. It was pretty brutal. I was so tired and just wanted to sit down. Every joint in my lower body was aching!
We spent the rest of our vacation visiting with old friends and limping around the city. We went to our favorite resturants (Lola still tops the list), saw a movie, went to the market, took lots of naps, etc. Here are a few pictures from our trip. We weren't great about getting our camera out, so this is all we've got!



Big thanks to my parents for watching the kiddos. When we left Lily had just started antibiotics for an ear infection and Cannon got sick while we were gone, but my parents never complained. They took the kids to do lots of fun things! Poor Cannon is still sick - hopefully he gets better soon. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting Dave and I get away.
What a great way to celebrate FIVE years together.




20 comments:
You look so cute getting ready to run! I'm glad you guys had a great time and I'm still so impressed. :) We missed you though and are ready for a play date!
Who's that hot mama in those spandex! Love your pictures! I still think your time is pretty dang impressive, even if you aren't pleased.
I am impressed you guys have run so many marathons and training with 2 young toddlers to boot. Way to go!
The trip looks like it was a lot of fun and made me want to go to Seattle again. It is a great city.
You're amazing.
Awesome Girl! I totally hear ya about the training, ugh! I'm totally ready for another one so if you decide to opt out of St George I'll be Auburn Ellingson for you! I'd have to train harder to do your name justice;)
Great job! I'm so impressed that somebody would even want to a marathon. Looks like a fun trip too.
Good work. You do look pretty darn cute in those spandex and polka dots. So cute. I'm not going to say, SO FUN like I do a lot in my comments. You would say, "Did you even READ my post?" :o) But you are amazing, and I'm glad you got to get away. That sucks about your car, but next time plan the marathon at the end of the vacation so you won't have to limp around seeing the sights! :o) Glad you're back, and sorry the kids are sick. :o(
You did great! AND you did get perfect weather. :) Hope it was relaxing, even with the soreness ;)
Great job on running the marathon! Ohhh how I love Seattle...your pictures are making me what to jump on a plane and take a visit! Glad you had a great time!
A - I love that picture of you waiting in line. You are so cute! Congratulations on your run; I'm seriously impressed. Way to go!
that is awesome! how "fun" for you guys. i dont know how you train with kids! really, i am lucky to get an hour in 5 times a week these days (ok, before i was pregnant and actually working out), too much going on! how do you do it??
Congrats on another marathon! Glad you guys were able to take such a fun trip- 5 years! Life sure does fly...
I hope Cannon is feeling better. I just took J in after being sick for 2.5 weeks- he'll be on Amox for 2 weeks to try and get rid of the nastiness inside of him. In the mean time we will be taking him off milk to see if a lactose issue is causing all of his sickness the past year...oh goodie!
Congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment. I saw the video of you crossing the finish line. My brother and sister-in-law did the race too so I was watching the video of them crossing the finish line. So then I decided to look you up too. How cool is that that they have it video recorded? Anyway, good job!
Way to go guys!! We were thinking of you that day and hoping you lived.
heard you rock the marathon! Congrats! You look so cute! My parents LOVE you guys.
it was SO fun to see you. i wish we lived closer to each other.
way to go. just thinking of running that long makes my body hurt! i could never do a marathon but maybe a half some day. getting excited to see you guys. i am hoping lilly can teach camree how to go potty on the toilet like kyson did to lilly!
YOu and Lily are twins in that top picture! Fun trip!
I LOOOOVE your dark hair!!! Great look for you. It was great talking to you on the phone for a second. Wish I could see you and catch up in person.
Maybe I'll jaunt down to AZ and take a swim in your pool. Sounds heavenly right now.
I loved seeing you and Dave. You were Great to give us a bit of your time here.
Post a Comment