Monday, September 7, 2009

Beach Buzz

A few things going on here last week!
Cannon got a new haircut.
It was supposed to be longer, but the barber (a.k.a. Dave) had the wrong blade on.
I'm kind of liking the buzz look.
It sure is easy to manage those cowlicks with a buzz.

Photobucket

We spent the weekend camping on the beach at Carlsbad State Beach park just north of San Diego. It was fun!
There were about 150 of our friends there and we enjoyed being with everyone!
Our kids loved the beach, and I loved the boogie boarding with girlfriends!
I am hooked.
I had only tried it in Florida, where the waves aren't as big, and I never understood why everyone thought it was so fun, but it was FUN, FUN, FUN in the California waves!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Anne said...

It looks like tons of fun (even if it was camping!) I love Cannon's hair, too- handsome boy!

Kristine said...

150 friends? Wow, popular!

CA is the best. What a fun way to end Summer!

ps. love cannons buzz cut. cute!

Courtney said...

I am in love with the buzz for a cowlick...it makes it so easy!

Glad you had fun, but come on...we know you have more pictures than that!

Emilee said...

how did youg et 150 people together at the same time? how fun! i love the boogie boards! they are a blast! i always thought they looked lame-o but once i tried it, i loved it!

Carma Lee said...

Can't wait to go with our family - gotta plan an beach blast party for next year!

Joe and Joanne said...

A - I love your blog. You've designed it so well; it's really FUN and I love checking in and looking at how you've changed the header, and what's new. I love you!

The beach looks so great! I went to San Diego last January and it was 88 degrees. It was heavenly. I missed getting on the beach though, so I'll have to rectify that sitaution if we go again this January. ;)

Unknown said...

I like the new do Cannon! So cute.

Staci said...

We are so there next year!

J.R. said...

I think the buzz cut is a winner for Cannon. He has got a nice shaped head and your right about the cowlick.

And the beach looks great. I always thought the water in CA was cold until late Aug. or early Sept. Looks like a tradition you will have to keep up :)

Kristi said...

I haven't blogged in awhile. Wow. LOVE the pictures at the beach. I'm so jealous. I would love to go to the beach with the kiddos! So fun! And the first day of school picture is PERFECT! I love it!