Bike trailer weather is ALMOST here! I love this time of year as it starts to cool down. It always make me remember why I love, love, love living here. I'm just not a cold weather person, and knowing that the next 8 months brings fabulous park weather just gets me all sorts of excited. We took a morning ride in the trailer the other day to feed some horses. Note the lack of shoes on the kids. Yeah, good job. Had to hold each of them while they took turns feeding the horses so they weren't standing in manure.

This time of year is St. George marathon time too! This was Dave's 6th marathon and he did great. He was a little bit tired from hiking 23 miles 7 days before the race, so he took it easy and enjoyed the scenery. We are proud of our hard working, hard exercising Daddy. I didn't get to watch him run it, but our friend took this great picture of him coming in to the finish line. Thanks Erin!
I was signed up to run St. George too, but after Seattle I was just too tired! I had no desire to keep training at that level, so my hats off to Dave for keeping is focus. I told him that for me running two in a row was like asking a new Mom, as she is leaving the hospital if she wants another baby. Maybe eventually she does . . . but not right now!


This weekend we had three of Dave's siblings and their kids come in town and we enjoyed every minute of our time with them. We met baby Sam Ellingson who is about 14 weeks and he was so stinkin' cute. Lily loved him and wants a baby of her own. I got my camera out exactly ZERO times this weekend, so this picture from my phone is the only one I have of Sam!

Here is a video of a few of the kids enjoying playing at Mimi's. I don't know why Cannon is so cute to me in this video. He's just such a nut these days. I love his age. And, yeah, it was pretty much that loud the entire weekend. With 9 kids 4 and under it got a little crazy! We can't wait for Jack and Gracie to join them at Christmas, and hopefully Ellingson grandkid #12 will make her appearance not long after Christmas!
Havasupai Post is coming in no less than 24 hours. Promise.





7 comments:
Makes me want to dig my bike trailer out. I'll be pulling it out shortly.
Way to go Dave!! Wish we would have seen you to cheer you on.
We are having some great fall weather here too. Although our sunny fall weather most definitely won't last for 8 months!
Congrats to Dave on keeping up the long distances! I'm like you and draw the line at one marathon per year, otherwise it gets a little to consuming.
Can't wait to see the falls pics!
so cute. sam loves that lily too. so fun to see you.
hugs.
The weather is perfect now. But more perfect was having everyone hang out at our house for the weekend - even if it did feel and sound sort of like a wild animal park lots of the time! :)
Oh, I wish I was there it looks like it was a lot of fun and I love the glasses and the bags of chip. For some reason shots like that just make me smile.
Way to go Dave too I can't believe he ran on with an injury too. That guy has some serious mental power to push through.
You and Dave both amaze me with you marathoning. (Congrats Dave, you're inspirational!)
What a fun weekend (and such a cute little butterball in Lily's hands)!
that is cool everyone visited! how fun! good job dave for running! that is awesome. and the fall hike looks way fun! i have never done it, i wish i could some day. i hear it is awesome!
Post a Comment