Saturday, October 24, 2009

working hard

It's Saturday and we don't have a thing on the agenda until tonight at 5:30!

That hasn't happened in over a month. We're excited to hang out at home and get lots of things done today. Including updating the neglected blog!

We started trimming and yard work bright and early. By "we" I mean "Dave", I just supervise, you know? He does get some help from Cannon . . . love it that they can work together. So stinkin' cute.

Photobucket

Lily mostly just supervises with me. Do you love her hair? I did it myself. Gorgeous, I know. She's all about the "big" ponytail right now, and her hair is always falling out of it.

Photobucket

I have to bring cupcakes to our 5:30 shindig, so I must to give a little shout out to my new kitchen aid for helping me out. I'm in LOVE with her. My parents got it for me for Christmas, and said I could start using it now - and I couldn't resist! Thanks Mom & Dad, I'll make you some yummy treats when you are here for the holidays? How about the ice blue color? I LOVE it. It goes perfectly in my kitchen.

Photobucket

Well, off for more fun. We've already had Lily throw up on the pool deck (thank goodness she was outside), found a scorpion (stop it, I'm secretly freaking out, they usually travel in pairs), and put the swings up for our winter fun! Yay for cool weather!

Photobucket

What else will the day bring?

Photobucket

7 comments:

Emilee said...

oh, fun! i love days when there is nothing! i swear, they hardly ever come around! we got nothing today and i am dying to get out and do something, but i really dont want to DO anything...babies come monday! cant wait for monday...longest weekend of my life!

Unknown said...

so jealous of your ice blue kitchen aid.LOVE it. we decided that Cannon should be on you-tube like that baby who danced to Beyonce and made it all the way to Yahoo.

Jane said...

what a nice Saturday! I think Lily is the prettiest with her ponytail. And Cannon is a handsome helper. I'm crushing on your kitchenaid big time.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

"Supervising" is exactly what I do best when it come to yard work too. The other day I actually raked up grass clippings and some long pine needles on the grass, but I had to first ask Bracan if I was going to hurt the grass by raking it. I had never really raked before. Kind of funny, but I always avoided any sort of yard work as a kid.

capturingtheride said...

I think I'm in love with your "winter" weather even more than your kitchenaide! But I do love all the leaves we have here in brilliant shades...in our yard. I guess we need to add yardwork to our list of to do's. Hope the rest of the day was grand!

Joe and Joanne said...

I love that you still have flowers blooming and can wear summer-esque type clothing in late October where you are. It makes me warm just looking at the pictures! (Yes, it's already snowed TWICE here...).

Lily's hair looks like mine does pretty much all of the time! :)

About those cupcakes:
"Have you done any good in the world today?
"Have you helped anyone in need (cough, Joanne, cough)?
"Cheered up the sad (hungry), made someone feel glad (full)?
"If not, you have failed indeed." :)

You say you're not a Betty Crocker, but every time I see a blog post of you cooking - YUM!

Love you!

Kristi said...

Admit it, the kitchenaid picture was an ISO test of your new spoils... :o) Your pics are amazing. So fun! LOVE IT!