Friday, January 22, 2010

my vacation

A couple of weeks ago my (wonderful, fabulous, patient) parents volunteered to take my kids to Florida for a week!

It was great.
I got lots of relaxing in while they were gone, and we went on a ski weekend with some friends!
It was so nice to have a little break from everything.
I had no desire for my "break" to be permanent though, by the end of the week I was ready for the little munchkins to come home!

Here are a few pictures from their trip.
They had a great time with Nana and Poppy, and were really good for them, even on the LONG plane rides!
(unless my Mom is lying to me so I don't feel bad)

The Magic Kingdom . . .

Photobucket

Lily & Nana at Magic Kingdom

Photobucket

With Mickey at Animal Kingdom (apparently Animal Kingdom was their favorite).

Photobucket

After they spent a few of days in Orlando they went to the beach for the rest of the week.
Here they are climbing sand walls . . .

Photobucket

. . . and making "sand angels".
There were a few pocketfuls of sand when they came home!

Photobucket

They also came home with a huge bag of seashells.
Lily was so proud of them and took some to her preschool class and handed them out to all the kids.

Photobucket

Thanks again Mom & Dad for the break from motherhood!

By the way, I did order the Good Nite Lite for Lily.
Someone gave me that great idea in a blog comment and I am so excited for it to arrive!!!
I'll let you know if it works!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Lisa W said...

Wow, your parents win! Best grandparents award, best babysitters award, best in-laws award, best fly cross-country with 2 small children award. That trip takes the cake! Sounds like you were a winner as well!

Lindsay Brummer said...

Cute!!! You look so much like your mom :)

Shey said...

How fun for you and your kids and your parents! :) Your kids sure are adorable. I bet being a mom is a blast.

jillian said...

ummm can you say amazing parents!!!! that is so awesome. im jealous.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

You have some saintly parents! Glad you got a little break and the kids could have some fun grandparent time!

Linz said...

Oh my gosh, do Nana and Poppy want to come to England and do that for me?!?!? I wonder if I could talk my mom into that?!?! I bet that week was some amazing rest!

Corinne said...

i told my parents what your parents did hoping that one day they might copy!!! I hope that night light works for lilly i would die if my kids got up that early every morning!

cat said...

um. can they adopt me?

Joe and Joanne said...

Sounds like you got some quality rest in Auburn. You deserve it! What a nice Nana and Papa - looks like a very fun trip.

That book sounds like it will have some great solutions. Keep posting, I want to know how it turns out!

Solveig Atwood said...

What awesome parents you have! That must have been so fun for the kids, and such a nice break for you!

Cotter said...

I still can't believe your parents did that! Ella and Charlie loved the seashells Lily brought back!

Unknown said...

What a fun trip for the kids! Everyone needs grandparents like that! I'm glad you guys were able to enjoy some time together too.