We had yummy Spaghetti Sauce last night for dinner and I wanted to share the easy recipe!


I did a freezer dinner exchange last night so I had to take my recipe x 3.
My kitchen looked a little funny with THREE big crockpots in it!


It was a great deal, I cooked my spaghetti, divided it into gallon sized ziplocs and headed to my meet up with six of my girlfriends to exchange our food.
So for just a little more time/effort than cooking a normal dinner I came home with seven frozen meals for my family, including my own spaghetti sauce!
*Teryaki beef*
*Lemon-Lime Soy Chicken*
*Honey Lime Enchiladas*
*A chicken/sausage tin foil dinner*
*Meatloaf*
*Lasagna*
*Spaghetti Sauce*
It'll be so nice not to have to plan dinner. I just thaw out in the morning and bake/grill and voila . . . a yummy dinner!
Here is the recipe for the sauce:
Here is the recipe for the sauce:
1 lb. ground beef
1 med. Onion -chopped
1 green pepper – chopped
3 cloves garlic – crushed or chopped
2 cans (14-15 oz.) diced or crushed tomatoes
3 cans (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (15 oz.) black olives
2 cans (4 oz.) mushrooms – sliced
1 tsp. ground pepper
2 tbls. parsley leaves – dried
1 tbls. sweet basil leaves – dried
1 tbls. oregano leaves – dried
Brown ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic. Drain. In a large pot on medium, put the browned ground beef, onions, green pepper and garlic and add remaining ingredients in order. When you add the parsley, sweet basil, and oregano, crush in palms of hands to release more flavor before adding to sauce. Stir thoroughly and bring to low boil, reduce heat to low simmer. Cook at low simmer for at least and hour, but the longer the better. I usually just cook for 4-5 hours in my crockpot, time permitting. Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles. Freezes well and makes easy quick dinner.
*recipe courtesy of my Mom's cousin, Peggy!




6 comments:
Oh that looks delicious! great foodtoprophy too!!!!
That sounds good! And easy too! I love crockpot meals.
That sounds so good. The other meals sounds great too!! I would love the recipe for honey lime enchiladas!!
that is funny me and my friends were talking about doing the same thing. you will have to let me know how it goes.
spaghetti sounds like it would hit the spot right about now. r u craving anything goofy with this pregnancy?
Ah, my sister does that recipe thing every Monday with some girlfriends in her ward in Cleveland. I've been wanting to start one here. So nice!
Post a Comment