We got a new camping trailer the day before Benson was born and Dave was insistent that we use it at least once before it gets too cold!
I happily obliged (*note sarcasm*) and we headed up to Bartlett Lake, AZ.
Neither of us had been to Bartlett Lake before, and it was beautiful.
Here's a view of the lake on our way to the campsite.

Here's our new camp trailer all set up.
It's little, and perfect for our family.
I totally felt like I was at the Hilton.
(*note sarcasm again*)

We couldn't find enough logs for a good fire, so Uncle Spencer built the kids a tiny fire, and Cannon was mesmerized by it.

The "big" kids slept great, and were so excited to play in the dirt when we woke up.

We got a camping oven at Costco not long after we got our trailer and we tried it out on our trip.
It was pretty nice to be able to bake!

If only this little man had slept like this during the night!
I think Dave and I each got about two hours of sleep.
It was Benson's second bad night in a row, so I was TIRED on Saturday.

Just a cute shot of Lily, before she got all dirty.

And, one of the little man.
He was saving the rest of that muffin that is all over his face for later.

The kids wanted to go play "by the water" and throw rocks in the lake.

It started all out fine and dandy . . .

And ended like this . . .



And my favorite part of the trip?
Cannon's diaper after splashing in the super-duper-clean lakewater.
A still picture didn't do it justice so you gotta watch this 5 second video clip.
If you need some more laughs, watch this 15 second video clip . . .
I swear, how did the pioneers do it with just rags for diapers.
I mean look how much liquid that diaper is holding.
Amazing . . . and hilarious.Amazing . . . and hilarious.
All in all, a fun trip.
Memories were made.
Jammies were ruined.
Sleep was lost.
Looking forward to seeing everyone's Halloween posts, lots of cute costumes I'm sure!




8 comments:
that diaper clip is killin' me! We'll come camp with you some day...
I'm green with envy. My husband is a huge camper and I can't handle tents anymore - not with little ones. But even with a camper, it's still rough. Way to be a trooper! :)
Very impressive! I've always thought that camping is fun except for the sleeping part. Does anyone ever really sleep when they go camping? You're right though--it's how much the kids LOVE it that makes it worth all the trouble.
P.S. Hysterical with the diaper!Have you ever had one of those full diapers burst open and all those little gel things get everywhere? It's a mess!
Watching him waddle with that diaper is hilarious. It looks like it was lots of fun. I have so many fun memories of camping in our trailer. I'm excited for you guys.
I burst into laughter at the diaper/hunker down walk! Oh, what great memories I have of camping with our kiddos, and yes lots of them include no sleep, but it's more than worth it!!!
Okay, I'm dieing with laughter over here. Those pants in combination with the diaper: Can-man could be ninja turtle!
Looks like it was fun - and the muffins look good (I'm starving)! Hope you were able to recover your sleep on Sunday!
You guys are camping in style! And those video clips are hilarious!!
You're killing me with that video clip of the diaper walk! Funny stuff!!
Post a Comment