Friday, November 5, 2010

costumes

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit of a grinch when it comes to Halloween.
This year was no different.

Costumes are expensive.
You're not cool if your whole family doesn't coordinate.
(we are NOT cool)
We have to dress up like 4 different times.
We have to regulate candy consumption.
I could go on . . .

But - I admit - once the little monkeys are all dressed up, they sure do look cute, uncoordinated outfits and all. Too bad I couldn't get a good picture of all three of them.

Lily insisted on being a witch, Cannon a superhero, and Benson was dying to be a zebra (because the outfit was on sale at Gap).

Photobucket

Lily forgot her wand for the big night, but she was still "witchy".

Photobucket

This picture is a bit deceiving. I don't actually remember Cannon ever sitting down.
He was running around like crazy because he liked how his cape flew behind him (see previous post).
And, he was LOVIN' that mask.

Photobucket

We let Lily use purple hair color and she did NOT want to wash it out.
She begged to go to bed with it.
The first night I said no.
The second night I gave in.
I put a dark pillow case on her pillow and let her sleep with it in.

Photobucket

Love these kiddos.

Thank heavens I have 345-ish days until I have to start stressin' about Halloween again.

13 comments:

The O'Neils said...

So cute! Did you make Cannon's mask as well?

Jane said...

you did good auburn, real good. your kids look so great! i love each individual costume. and of course your pictures are vibrant and perfect.

Kristine said...

i think your COOL ... if that counts for anything ;)

really cute kids. really cute costumes!

Jamie said...

I feel the same way about Halloween as you do. I was so happy to be done with it. Your kids are adorable. They look great.

Lara said...

the picture of innocent cannon is killin' me...
too fun.

Joe and Joanne said...

You are too COOL! I love the outfits! Lily - has the cutest little smile, Cannon - I'm just shocked you got a picture of him sitting still (superheros don't take breaks Mom, don't you know that?) and the zebra? The cutest zebra I've ever seen. What an adorable idea!

If it's any consolation to you, I think I can pretty nearly promise that I beat you in the "grinch" department when it comes to Halloween. Don't like it at all...at all... But now it's over and we're onto the good holidays - Thanksgiving and Christmas! The lights went up at 11:59 p.m. 10/31 around Boston, and it's starting to look really beautiful and enchanting. I hope you get some good Christmas decorations in your neck of the woods too! :)

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I think you captured some great pics of your kiddos! They look adorable! I hear you about not liking Halloween too much. Although being married to a dentist I would think that Halloween would be good for business. But I agree it's a strage holiday. Don't get me wrong, I love candy, but I like to use it as incentives (read bribe) sometimes and Halloween ruins that the kids think they are entitled to lots of candy for just standing there looking cute.

Emilee said...

i am a bit of a grinch too. i just dont really care that much. jut dress up in whatever you want. i enjoy the day and activities and stuff, but i dont care about costumes...

Tiffany said...

Love all of the costumes! Don't worry, we're not cool either, as we never coordinate for Halloween! I don't know how people have the time and energy to coordinate costumes. I have a hard enough time just getting any costume!!

Staci said...

I love it that you hate Halloween! So funny.

Marianne said...

This was hilarious!! LOVE the costumes!

Kristi said...

I thought they all looked great! And from now on, with the kids having a mind of their own, coordinating Halloweens might be a bit harder to come by. Unless you're Lara. :o)

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I see a trend in my life feeling SO exhausted by the time it gets to Halloween. Too bad it is Brinley's b-day. I was working on costumes for a few months but by the time it got to the day, I was SO tired. Stressed. Not excited. Ryan was stressed with school and sick. My mom was here. ahhh I could go on and on. Basically, I was grumpy at the ward party. Forgot pics. Brinley was a crank. And I just wanted to go to bed.

blahhh I need to plan costumes NOW so then when it comes time to next year, just pull it out, put it on with a smile, and deal!

Love your kiddies. They are SO cute. And lily is turning into such a gorgeous girl. She is growing up SO fast!