Tuesday, November 30, 2010

El Tour

A shout out to my amazing husband for doing the 109-mile Tour De Tucson a couple of weeks ago and finishing with gold honors, despite his calf cramping up at mile 90!

There is an endodontic group that Dave rode for, hence the cool Superstition Springs Endo shirt - here he is pre-race . . .

Photobucket

Mimi and Papa came with us to Tucson, and watched the kiddos so I was able to go see the start of the race.
It was really neat.
8600+ bikers lined up is a sight to see!

The finish was fun to watch too!
The professional riders were amazing.

And, here is a worn out Dave post race.


Photobucket

We are grateful that he stayed safe.
He had a bad wreck occur right in front of him - glad he avoided that, and hope the other riders are ok!

Way to go Daddy.
We love you!

9 comments:

Jaime S. said...

plus he still went to bunko that night. he is a super hero.

Emilee said...

he is not supposed to look that good after a hard core race! but i love the fam picture! cant wait to see ya!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

HE IS INSANE!!!

Love your little fam! Your smile is glowing :-)

mandy said...

Lily is so proud of the medal. Love it!

Lara said...

yeah dave

Kathryn said...

That is awesome! Your family is so cute.

J.R. said...

109 freakin' miles! Wow! I had no idea it was that long. Way to go Dave, esp. with the muscle cramp.

Joe and Joanne said...

109 miles?! That's incredible! I'm VERY impressed. Way to go Dave!

Carma Lee said...

It was amazing to see all those racers! I can't imagine doing anything like this, but I'm glad I got to see my son do it. Way to go super Dave!!