Thursday, March 10, 2011

six sweet months

We've had some seriously sick kids around here.
I'm over it.
I'm blogging at 1:28 am because Lily is laying on her makeshift bed in my room.
Poor girl has been puking/dry heaving since 8:00 p.m.
Hoping it's just a 24 hour flu.
Really hoping no one else gets this particular bug.
Especially my two already sick little boys!

On a much happier note.
Little Benson has been in our family for 6 months.
He's spoiled rotten with hugs and kisses all day from his family.
Lily and Cannon love him more than I could have imagined.
I thought maybe they would get bored with him - I was wrong.
Way wrong.
They are always in his face, trying to get him to smile or laugh.
Giving him kisses/hugs.
Playing with him.
Handing him toys.

We gave him his first haircut last week.
I plan on posting pictures of that, but not right now.
I'm still hoping that Lily will fall asleep sometime tonight.
Either way - it's gonna be a LOOOOOONNNNGGG day tomorrow.

We took a few pictures of our Benson today and I'll share just one of my favorites for now.

Photobucket

Sweet Benson, we are so happy you are in our family.

A few fun facts about you . . .

You are happy.
It takes a LOT to make you cry.
You are quick to smile.
You are not really interested in holding your own bottle.
(why would you, when you can just have someone hold it for you?)
You love your binkies.
The playmat with the jingle bell dad put up at the top is your favorite toy.
Lily and Cannon make you the happiest.
You love your Mommy.
You are just starting to try and sit up.
You have the stinkiest baby poop your Dad and I have ever smelled.
You usually wake up in your crib and just quietly play until we come get you.
Your gag reflex is OUT. OF. CONTROL.
You have no interest in solid foods, but we'll keep trying!
You drool a lot.
You have a fuzzy head that I love to kiss.
Your cheeks are so soft.
You are not a big fan of the bumbo.

WELL . . .

That's enough for now.
Hopefully more pictures to come.
If we can get all three kids well again!

Coming soon Cannon-ball's third birthday!
He's growing up so fast!

10 comments:

Anne said...

Oh girl I can't decide what's more delicious, his eyes or his lips? He is so cute, I can't wait hold him again! I hope everyone gets feeling better soon. I'll be kind of close to you guys this morning if you need me to run an errand for you today or anything like that!

K8yerM8 said...

Sorry for the sickness. Love the age and stages of Cannon! I love the soft hair on the top to! And I love this picture! It's delicious!

Jarber said...

He is getting so big, I can't believe it and such a handsome little guy.

Kristine said...

poor lily. poor You! i feel bad for moms with sick kids..that's gotta be rough.

and that benson sure is adorable and looks just like his brother. right?

hope you're all healthy soon!

Jill said...

I'm surprised how blonde he is! So very cute!!

Chris and Christy said...

How cute is that picture?! Sorry you're having a long day today...

Joe and Joanne said...

CUTE! I love those cheeks and his little nose! For a guy that either poops or pukes all his non-solid food, he still looks so soft and snuggly!

Poor Lily. I hope she (and the guys) start to feel better soon. And I also hope your day isn't quite as long as you anticipated.

Can't wait to see you soon!!! :)

doodle said...

This is a beautiful picture! He is SUCH a pretty baby! He's super precious!

Kara Jones said...

Look at those eyes, oh my my my. Hope the puke fest has come to a rest.

Kristi said...

Very cute. I also hope all is well now in your house! Looking forward to the bday! Can't believe Cannon is already 3. CRAZY!