Sunday, July 31, 2011

my girl is five

Lily is FIVE!
We're pretty stingy with birthday parties around here.
You only get a "friend party" when you turn 5, 8, 12, 16.
Lily had her party a few days before her actual birthday.
She wanted a "rainbow/art" theme, since she loves to do art projects.
Photobucket
First of all I have to say "thanks" to this beautiful sis-in-law of mine for taking pictures for me during the party.
I'm REALLY sad that she moves to Germany today.
Like, REALLY sad.
Having her here in town all summer kind of spoiled me.

pretty lara

We started with Mimi leading the girls in the "chicken dance".
Mimi was SO helpful at the party.
I was so glad to have both she and my Mom helping me out!

chicken dance

The Aunt Lara lead the girls in the peanut butter song.

lara peanut butter

I read them a story about rainbows.

story time rainbow

Lily loves a good story.
She's gonna love kindergarten.

listening to story

We decorated cookies with all different colors of icing.

cannon cookie dcor

Mimi painted rainbows on their faces.

five alive

This was the only boy who was invited to the party.
Lucky guy.

my boyfriend cannon

We had a pinata...

pinata time

we had cupcakes...

blowing out candles

eating the cupcakes . . . Cannon looking pretty comfortable in the middle of all the ladies . . .

Photobucket

and finally - opening presents!

Photobucket

What a fun party it was.
Glad I don't have to plan another one until Cannon turns five in two years.

Can't believe little Benson is turning one in a month!

13 comments:

sreeve said...

Lily's 5? What??? Love reading your blog and keeping up on your family. And I love the quote that titles your blog, too. So appropriate and so true.

Thinking about you from the Northwest!

sreeve said...

PS - that last comment was from Suzanne. :-)

Brooke said...

What a great party! So sad we missed it! And I LOVE that you only do 4 friend birthday parties. I may need to adopt that plan!

J.R. said...

That looks like it was such a fun party! Lucky Lily (she is already 5! Wow time goes fast) p.s. I love the way your front room turned out with the wainscoting.

The Thebeaus said...

Looks like a blast! I can't believe you have a 5 year old!! She's adorable!

Carma Lee said...

So fun to be a part of the fun :)

Kristi said...

Sad to have missed it. :o( Looks adorable. The decorations, the activities! SO FUN!

Mandy said...

Loving Cannon with all the little girls! Such great pictures too! I need a good camera.

Erin A said...

You are super mom for sure!

I love the 5, 8, 12, & 16 idea! I think I may be adding a new rule although in the next year I still have one turning 5, and 8, and 12! Darn!!

Cotter said...

The pictures are darling!! Ella had a blast! You are one brave momma... letting all those girls decorate cookies!

Lara said...

Thanks for the tribute. The party was so much fun...miss you! Hope we get to see Dave tomorrow.
L

maryanne said...

I can't believe Lily is five! Our U-1 baby girls are getting so big! Such a fun party Auburn-you are an amazing mom!

Joe and Joanne said...

I can't believe I missed this post somehow. Looks like an fun party and 'happy b-day' to Lily!