Thursday, June 7, 2007

Proud wife

Graduation has finally come! Last week my adorable hubby walked across the stage and was presented as:
Dr. David Ellingson

Lily (even though she doesn't know it yet) and I are VERY proud.


He's worked so hard the last four years. Not only has he been a great husband, student and father, but has found time to be first counselor in the bishopric of our ward, and an apartment manager. To top it off he got what many of his faculty said was the most prestigious award given each year! It's called the Dennis P. Duskin Senior Insprirational Award. It's the only award voted on by the class. The classmates nominate and then vote on one person to receive the award based on integrity, character, and personality! I definitely think Dave deserved it, and was so proud to know that his classmates respected him so much.


The only disappointment of the day was that our precious little Lily came down with the nasty croup, and couldn't go to graduation. She did get to spend a few hours in her daddy's arms that day though, since that was the only way she would sleep.


Lastly, we were so blessed that Dave's Mom, Dad, and brother J.R. were able to come and join us for the celebration. It was nice of them to make the trip. Many others wanted to come including my parents, brothers, Dave's brother's and sister, etc., but we encouraged them to come at another time when things weren't so crazy. Now we're justing waiting for the national board exam to start. It's next Wednesday - Friday, best of luck Dave!

WAY TO GO DAVID!! We love you.

16 comments:

The Blakes said...

Congratulations to both of you! What a huge accomplishment! And I'm sure you were a huge support to him over that last few years of schooling! Good luck on the boards!

Kristi said...

Yip-dee dip-dee doo-dee! We are so excited for you guys!!!! This means more Ellingsons finally in Mesa again!!! Can't wait! Good luck with boards. We love you!!!

Anne said...

Congratulations Dave- that is so great! The pictures are pretty too. Congrats on a big achievement!

cat said...

congrats congrats, it is finally over! well, i guess not until boards, but hooray anyways!:)

Linz said...

Send our biggest CONGRATS to Dave! That is so great, so satisfying and I think its so cool that he got such an amazing award! YEAH!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, David!! I'm sure the relief and satisfaction you feel about finishing and being recognized by your colleagues is overwhelming! Best of luck as you pursue your goals further. I appreciate all the sacrifice and hard work you have excerted on behalf of the ward as counselor and as my home teacher! I definitely recognize the sacrifices you have made and am very grateful and inspired. I know your family is supremely proud of you as all of us in the ward are. Congratulations and enjoy this celebratory time!!

Caralee said...

I'm so proud of my bro! I can't wait to be a part of the same dental team some day! What a wonderful time for your family. Love you lots!

Jacob said...

Congratulations you guys! Dave, you totally deserved that award - if we were voting we'd have voted for you, too! And so glad you guys are sticking around a little longer...we'll have to plan that bbq soon (bracan and rachel want to join!)

Jaime S. said...

Congrats Dave!!

That is so cool.

Joe and Joanne said...

Congratulations Dave & Auburn! Dave, I remember the week you came to Seattle and started Dental school - how amazing it is for me to read this blog and realize that four years have passed! So much has happened in that time frame, and you deserve awards for everything: Dental School, Daddy, Husband, Bishopric member, Friend, and more! A friend of mine here in Boston who knows you too (Daryl Smith) says 'hello and congratulations' as well. Very exciting.

the Painters said...

That's wonderful! What an amazing man you've got there! Congratulations!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Congratulations!! What an accomplishment and a great award that he received. Good luck on the boards!!

Lara said...

so awesome! can't wait till it's us too! we are so proud of you dave and auburn!

Pace & Gwen said...

Look at you! I saw your names on Jill & Brad's blog so click and long time no see! Congratulations to David! Quite an acomplishment, especially the award. If I try to brag about Pace he gets mad at me, but we love to share anyway, don't we? Anyway, it's great to touch base, keep in touch!

Dennis and Diane said...

Congratulations, Dave and... Auburn too...think how boring school would have been for Dave if you hadn't been in his life!!! The award doesn't surprise me at all, Dave has always been such a great guy. Love to you all.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.