Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another Update!

So we're hangin' in there! Cannon is a good little boy. I forgot how much newborns SLEEP! It's crazy. I think he's been awake for like about 3 hours total in the last 6 1/2 days that he has been alive. I'm not complaining though, because the 1 1/2 year old that I'm in charge of is enough work for me. She's having a bit of tough time adjusting to having to share her time, but that's to be expected. Overall she's doing pretty good, but she has her moments. Dave's mom has been here helping this week, and that has been great.

Nursing has been 100% better this time around. I'm amazed. That was the thing I feared most about this baby since it was so hard with Lily, but it's been a breeze. Cannon did go on a little nursing strike yesterday when my milk came in, but he's eaten great today.

For those who don't have the full story yet, I was induced 5 days early, and had the EASIEST labor and delivery ever . . . again. I can't complain about that, I think I was born to have babies. I'm sure glad I was induced early though, I can't imagine how much he would have weighed if they had made me wait and go overdue like they did with Lily.

Here are a couple of pictures of the "kids" (weird to say that, huh??)

Cannon baby taking a little nap on the living room floor.My poor ragamuffin Lily who had to hunt easter eggs in her PJ's, and had no one to do her hair since Mom was busy with Cannon. Luckily the easter egg hunt was in our backyard so only family had to be subjected to the PJ's. She's working on opening an egg here, and was loving the fruit snacks that Mimi hid in them.
This is little Lily being quite nice to Cannon this afternoon, she was letting him "look" at her since he was awake.

I'll post again soon!!

28 comments:

cherlyn and family said...

What cute kids and what cute pictures of them as well.

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

That last picture is so precious. I love it! See...she does love him. A few weeks ago I was talking to Ruby and I said something about before Sadie was born and asked her if she remembered it and she couldn't remember before Sadie was born. It made me happy. Glad nursing is going better you DDer...haha

Ivy said...

The picture of Lilu and Cannon together is priceless, congratulations you guys you officially have the two cutest kids in the world!

Joe and Joanne said...

I love logging into your blog and seeing the pictures and reading the updates. It's a definate highlight of my day!
Lily is so cute Auburn, hair done or not - she's the perfect little one-and-a-half-year-old.
I love that picture you took of Cannon on the livingroom floor - it looks professional!
Congrats on the successful nursing too - I've heard stories that every baby is different. Another friend of mine just had her second and nursing is going so much better with her second than her first as well (wonder if it's just something about "second" babies)? :)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love the cute pictures! I'm so glad that you're having such a great experience with nursing, that makes it so much easier to do. I'm sure Lilly will get used to have another sibling soon. I need to come down and hold Cannon, I don't want to intrude so let me know when you're up for visitors!

Mel said...

I am so glad to hear that nursing has been much better this time around- that gives me hope too! :) Can't wait to meet little Cannon.Your kids are adorable!

J.R. said...

That last picture is absolutely precious! It is going in my digital photo frame today.

I miss you guys and hope to make it to the Valley before Cannon is twice his size :)

The O'Neils said...

So cute!!! I love the picture where they are looking at one another :) Congratulations!!!

The Jensen Jungle said...

What a precious little look Lily has on her face there...she looks like she's contemplating how this new creature is like nothing she's ever seen before...

The Blakes said...

I love the bottom picture! Such cute kids!

Kristine said...

Frame that picture of the two kidders looking at each other. Oh i love it.

thanks for the update!

Jill said...

I hope I get over this cough before Cannon's crawling! I cant believe I haven't gotten to hold him and smell his yummy baby-smell-head yet! Thank goodness for blogs or I wouldnt even know what he looks like!

Carrie said...

Hi Auburn...Congrats on your new little bundle of joy!! He is just precious and Lily looks like a great big sister! I love your blog...it's fabulous! Mine's priviate so e-mail me at carriearchibald@yahoo.com and you can check it out...not like you have time with a newborn!! :o)

Courtney said...

That last picture is seriously the cutest thing EVER!

TR said...

Congrats Auburn!! What a beautiful baby! Exactly what day was he born?

Kristi said...

Ah. So cute. Precious pictures, great vibrant colors, and I have to say I didn't even notice if Lily looked like a ragmuffin. Don't they all after Sunday naps? Don't WE all? LOL. We love you, and we're happy that your doing well with number 2. We have so many great examples to show us the ropes before September comes!

Jane said...

cannon is a squish. and lily is such a big girl! so glad everything went well. miss you guys.

onehm said...

I am IN LOVE with that last picture!!! So impressed that you are blogging with a newborn. You GO, Lady!! ;)

Emilee said...

Congrats you two! That is a good that your labor went to well. I thought the second recovery was way better than the first, maybe just cus I knew what was coming! But he is sure cute, actually reminds me of Dave, can't wait for more pictures! Good luck and just try to remember to enjoy every WAKING moment!

Lara said...

these are so precious. i'm so glad, and jealous, that things are going so well for you and the babe. Here's hoping when i finally get brave enough for baby #3 that it will be as good as your kids! I'm so wishing that I could hold him right now and give lily a big squeeze. have so much fun with your parents.

Landvatter Family said...

CONGRATS on the baby!!! So precious! I have not seen you in ages, prob bc I have not been at church all month and you had a baby!! I am so excited for you guys. We need to get together sometime and I can't wait to mee Cannon in person!! I love that name!!!!

Debbie said...

That last picture is so precious!!! Lilly's eyes say it all.

the Painters said...

You have GOT to frame this last pic. It is priceless. Lilly is absolutely beautiful. What a gorgeous girl you have and wow what a cutie cannon is!

mandy said...

Congratulations Auburn! The last picture is so adorable. I love your little Lilly and hearing her talk. She is going to turn into your little helper and soon Cannon will have 2 moms. Mandy Powell

H C M said...

Thrilling. Lily and Cannon are adorable! And since Cannon is my maiden name, I have a special interest in the little fellow. Of course my new grandson is also named Cannon so there's a double whammy. Anyway, I congratulate you, I rejoice with you, and I MISS all of you.

HeatherB said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait for my little one to get here, too. He is so handsome...what great hair. I love that last picture...Lily looks so beautiful and so sweet.

HeatherB said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait for my little one to get here, too. He is so handsome...what great hair. I love that last picture...Lily looks so beautiful and so sweet.

Pace & Gwen said...

Oh my gosh, what beautiful photos!! Congratulations!! This is the first time I've been able to get on and blog a little - I am soo thrilled for you guys!!