Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cannon David Ellingson

. . . is here


He's beautiful - this picture doesn't do him justice, but we'll post many, many more tomorrow. I was induced 5 days early, which was a DREAM come true!

He weighed in a 8 lbs., 13 oz, and was 21 inches long. I'm glad I didn't have to wait until after my due date like I did with Lily! They grow at a 1/2 pound per week the last 4 weeks, so he would have been BIG.

He's got lots of dark hair and it's so cute, so I'll get some pics with his cute hair tomorrow. He's got David's mouth/nose, and we can't tell on the eyes yet, but we're just happy that there is some Dave in him.

He's healthy as can be, and nursing great. Lily came by several times yesterday and was very sweet with him. She only acted jealous once. Again I will post lots of pics and more details on the delivery tomorrow!

21 comments:

Amanda said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Courtney said...

He is so cute! Can't wait to see him!

Joe and Joanne said...

What a beautiful baby (honestly): Congratulations Auburn & Dave!

Anne said...

Congratulations! He's adorable and we are so happy for you guys.

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Yay for Cannon! Love the name and I can't wait to see him. Can I help yet? I am so glad nursing is going better. He's precious. How was labor and delivery? Call me...

Meredith said...

So beautiful, congratuations Auburn & Dave! Such a wonderful family, Cannon is so very lucky.

And Lily will probably be ok with him eventually. I love my little brothers - of course it took until I was 20 to say that :)

Kristi said...

So cute. I can't wait to come by again today. I am so in love with his hair!!!

The Jensen Jungle said...

Yay! I'm so glad everything went well. You guys do good work.

Queen of the Giggle Loop said...

Congratuations!! What a cutie!

Kristine said...

yay! i am so happy for you guys. he's beautiful. i look forward to more pictures.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

So cute! I can't wait to see pics of his hair! Congratulations!!

cat said...

oh my cuteness! congrats! he is a doll! can't wait for more pictures!

Debbie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! auburn he is just precious. And I'm glad that you didn't have to wait the extra 5 days!! We are so very happy for you and the safe arrival of Cannon.

rebecca said...

yea! he is so adorable. good job lady.

Higham Family said...

What an adorable baby! I love his name; so regal. I'm glad everyone is doing well. We're excited to see more pictures.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of a happy healthy little boy! 5 days early sounds good to me. Although I kind of like my due date of Father's day. We'll see.

The O'Neils said...

YEah!!! I am so happy that everything is going good! I love the name and can't wait to meet him :)

Pace & Gwen said...

What a beautiful baby boy!! I am so happy for you! And I can't believe you're done. I bet it's wonderful to be through it (just as it's starting to warm up - other pregnant moms are going to be jealous) and to have a healthy, perfect baby. Congratulations guys!

cherlyn and family said...

What a cute little boy you have. Congratulations to you guys.

the Painters said...

He is beautiful. congratulations guys. What a super momma you are!

Ivy said...

What a cutie! Congrats you guys, and to Lily the big sister!