Friday, June 27, 2008

Mary did this on her blog and I thought it sounded fun .... so I am copying. I always love to laugh about the past!

Here are the directions:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I (or you and Dave) had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me/him/us a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.

24 comments:

Mary Postert said...

I can actually remember the first time I ever met you. It was at that yogurt shop on Lindsay and Broadway that we were all addicted to. I had just come straight there from playing volleyball so I was all gross and sweaty. You were super cute, as usual.

I remember surprising you for your birthday one morning, or maybe is wasn't your birthday but it was a year anniversary from your baptism. Anyway, you were out running in the wee hours of the morning and we jumped out from the bushes and scared you. I seriously thought you were going to pee your pants. I was laughing so hard I think I actually might have.

Unknown said...

This one is for Dave. I just ran across your blog, and thought this would be a perfect time to leave a comment. Dave and I were in the singles ward together. (Thank goodness those days are over.) We were in the Sunday school presidency together, and I was always impressed with how good he is. His spirit emanates goodness, and I enjoyed being around him. He is a good example and would like to think that I took some of his qualities and applied them to my life.

David Sparks

Jill said...

I have lots of favorites including escorting you through the temple, tons of hot tubing at the condo, the kidnapping Mary already wrote about, and the hundreds of late night phone calls between Missouri and Arizona. I loved getting to be your tour guide to the Mormon world! You were so discouraged with your dating pool in Missouri! Remember the guy that brought you a really big plant to work and called you incessantly? I kept tempting you to come to Arizona where Mormon guys were actually attractive. You took my word for it and I do believe you met Dave at your very first LDS function in AZ, am I right? Good ol' Camp Lomia!

The O'Neils said...

I have only known you for a little while but feels like a lot longer. I am not sure if you know this but one of my favorite memories is... when I was able to talk to you about my dad...I don't talk about him a lot and I felt so comfortable and was bale to express myself like I have never before to someone(I hope that does't sound stange ;)). I have a GREAT apprication for you and our friendship.
On the other hand I love just hanging out and talking about anything.

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Okay, fun-ness. I will never forget a certain potato derby that was quite the competitive event. Everyone was working on their potato design. They all looked pretty much like mutilated potatoes. Then, there was a certain beautifully carved hot dog, in a bun no less, carved out of a sweet potato. A sweet potato! I could not believe the carving. I'm telling you. I thought wow he's probably a really talented dentist. (ha ha that's my professional hygiene opinion there). Sometimes life isn't always fair, that couple is not only cute, but talented, and a sense of humor. Okay, so for some it is to have, and the rest of us to enjoy knowing you. Alrighty, I in no way expected that there would be double the talent and creativity. However, later to my surprise I looked over and saw that Auburn had carved a great shark, jaws wide open and sharp pointy teeth. I about laughed myself off my bench. Total spunkiness, I loved it. You guys are so cool. I love peeking in on your blog. Ha ha ha. Too fun.

Joe and Joanne said...

I have a lot of very fond memories of you! But one that comes to mind as I think about it for this post is from before you and Dave were ever married.
One day our ward was doing a service activity at a homeless shelter downtown Seattle and you were up from Arizona and joined us. It really was just a marvelous service activity. A little rough of an area, but a great service activity, and I remeber being so glad you were in town!

Sheri Lee said...

Okay, so I don't have a specific memory, but I just love you! I haven't known you for long, but everything you say makes me laugh, and I feel like I can talk to you about anything! You rock!

Lara said...

oh, there are so many, but the one that popped into my mind for some reason was the time you went to find a wedding dress...I just LOVE weddings, and had so much fun helping you with that. Also, I remember getting to be great friends that time you were engaged to Dave...I'm so glad that you married him, so I could call you sister!

Kristi said...

I know Lara knows that you married Dave because you love him and want to be with him for eternity and stuff, but really, as far as we're concerned, it was just to be able to call you sister! :o)

My first memory of you is the first time I met you. I was JUST starting to date Spencer and you were engaged to Dave. You guys were in the Ellingson's entryway and I was feeling a little scrutinized with the whole family checking me out! I remember not feeling too overwhelmed and just liking everyone so much. You guys were in a hurry to get Dave to the airport, so I only got to meet you for a second, but I remember being excited about all the girls my age in the family! Another memory from that era is when I got invited VERY last minute to go to the temple with you guys when you received your endowment. You were so annoyed (pleasantly) that Spencer had busted the move pretty fast on me because it took so long for Dave! :o)

Linz said...

Oh my gosh! I totally remember meeting you at 54 and thinking, "This chick is totally wicked and she is totally going to be my friend." I just thought that you were super nice, super cute and that I had to make you a friend fo life!

I also remember many times chillin at Amy's and talking about Dave. I believe "tender" was the word that was used many a time.

Good times!

Jodiane said...

Ok this kills me to write but i gotta. Remember the night you met or first talked to DAve. We went up to camp Lomia for that May Singles Retreat thing. And I had a crush on him too. And i was still in my phase of "dibsing or calling a dude, like I saw him first so he is mine". Anyways, you two really hit it off (hence the 2 kids, great home, 4 years of marriage thing you got going) but I said, 'yeah, i'll let you have dave, but you owe me one next time'....like he was mine to give. I know you remember this because the members of the six told me later it was not cool, and really quite rediculous... My only defense is that singles land is competitive and you gotta always be on the defense and the offense. Anyways, love you Auburn and i am glad i could be there when the ball started rolling for you guys.

Jaime S. said...

i remember that you always wore a skirt and a plain t-shirt and looked hot. i didn't think it was fair that you looked so good in a plain t-shirt and didn't need lots of jewel and make up to dress yourself up ; )

Caralee said...

This is a quick funny one. I remember and can picture in my mind the first time I meet you when we lived on Jasmine. You walked in the kitchen and you were wearing one of your super cute knee length skirts and some heals. We chatted and I remember thinking, "Wow, she has buff legs. I bet Dave really likes that."

I have many more sweeter memories. But I'm tired and I thought you would get a kick out of this one.

Carma Lee said...

How can I zero in on one?! There have been lots of laughs and loves but one memory that is especially tender is when you called me for advise about caring for Lily. Many times you've called and visited, asked for and accepted my input. I love the way you often say to Lily when I'm around, "We love Mimi!" What more could a mother-in-law ask!!! Thanks for being my friend and letting me be yours. I feel privileged to call you "daughter"!!

Courtney said...

I haven't known you forever, even though it seems like it...I am glad you guys moved back to AZ so we could become such great friends. The first memory I have of you is in Lehi 4th. I didn't know you, but you were engaged to Dave...I even think it was your last Sunday there and you wore a super cute green peacoat. I just remember you walking in late and thinking that I wished I owned that coat!

Erin said...

OK since the Jaws meets Oscar Myer moment has already been taken I guess I will have to mention another...although that was the funniest thing and we loved sitting at your table and watching the whole thing unfold. You two really stole the show that night and we had fun getting to know you. But I also remember being out for my walk at 5:45 am and wondering what the heck this crazy squeeking sound was behind me? Finally my curiosity gets the best of me and I look back and lo and behold her comes Auburn jogging by! As you smiled, said a few words and passed me I thought to myself now there is a gal who is the complete "package" if you will. Super cute and stylish, funny, kind to all, radiant, strong testimony and RUNNING at the crack of dawn! You are great Auburn...squeeky shoes and all!!!!

Brooke said...

I have a horrible memory, so the details aren't ever very accurate. But I do remember meeting you just after I moved here and Kate introduced me to all her friends in the 54th. There were lots of conversations about "Where's Auburn?" "On the phone with Dave." It was fun seeing you fall in love with that tender guy! Congrats on your anniversary and so glad we're friends!

Higham Family said...

Okay, we have two great "Dave and Auburn" memories (really more than two, but we'll limit ourselves). The first is from a Christmas Party second year. We got your gift in the White Elephant gift exchange- Butt Paste! What?! Who gives Butt Paste? Funny that we got it and then I delivered our first boy like a week later and that Butt Paste was the only diaper medicine we used forever. I even kept it around for baby #2.
Second memory- Summer in Seattle and Auburn starts to realize that wherever we were was really hot and said something about "Okay guys, it's hot in here, someone turn on the A/C." Jordan about died laughing at her reaction when she found out people don't have A/C in Seattle.
We miss you guys- thanks for making our time in Seattle so great!

the Painters said...

I'll never forget the first time I met you. I was so happy that there was another new cool girl to hang with and I instantly thought you were BEAUTIFUL.

The Blakes said...

I'm a little late on this, but I remember hot tubbing with you when you lived in the condo. It was the beginning phases of the evolution of Dave. Lots of other memories too, and connections....Caitlin, Rob (hey, we tried), and more. I am still just as impressed with your character and testimony as I was when we first met!

Lisa W said...

Auburn, I will always remember how willing you were to help me after I broke my ankle. And you had a newborn baby!! The dinner you brought in was fabulous and got rave reviews from my family!! You apologized for bringing that particular quick-fix meal but it was the perfect thing for that day. And you had 2 crying kids in the car while you brought it in! Then in the weeks to come you called from the grocery store to see if we needed anything. I will never forget how helpful that was!!

H C M said...

camping at Ensign Ranch with you two and Lilly, and eating Pizza in Cle Elum. Thousands more memories, but that was a lot of fun.

DeAnne Baum said...

I remember stopping by and getting something from Treg and thought man this girl is so dang PRETTY! Then when we went out to dinner I knew you were pretty inside and out. You are spunky and witty. I can't wait to get to know you more to make more memories!

Emilee said...

I wanted to do this and forgot i never did! anyway! so one for each of you ok!
Dave: groing up i have a few memories of going to dave's house to "play" with caralee and i was always excited when all the bros were home because we would get everyone in their family room and play one mad game of nertz on the floor! it was a mess and i really loved it.
you:
I remember at i think caralee's reception or someone's that you and corrinne and lara all had on the same i htink gold dress and i was invited last minute to run to wallgreens to get car decor junk with you guys. i was so happy to be invited, sounds dumb, but i was, and i had such a great time even though i didnt match you 3 cuties!