Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Move over

M
aRthA SteWArT
. . .

There's a new domestic diva in town.

Yes. I made these. Alone, you ask? Nope. Heavily coached by Court and Brooke. I made Court take a picture of me in the making, just to prove to all of you shocked souls (you know who you are), that I actually created these with my own two hands. Best part? The backs of them say "GIVE THANKS" . . . a dual purpose, does it get any better?



I volunteered to make cupcakes for a girlfriend for her daughter's first birthday party. Alone, you ask? Nope. Heavily, coached by Annie, the cooking queen, who by the way has a popular cooking blog you can check out by clicking HERE.

Could the up and coming domestic Diva stop with just a simple cupcake? Heaven's no! What birthday party would be complete without some Barefoot Contessa cupcake pops? Did I make these alone, you ask? Nope. Heavily coached once again, by Anne Strawberry. Actually, I would say I more just watched Anne make these, but I did put the fabulous decor on top.

I'm starting the process of decorating a kids room for our house and want to make it a room that both Cannon and Lily can sleep in, down the road. I fell in love with this tree and cuckoo clock and so I decided to make them for the room! Just kidding, I bought them from PB Kids, mostly because I just didn't have time to make them . . .

I found this gorgeous fabric Alexander Henry fabric and ordered it on EBAY that I'm going to use for their bedding. I would totally whip out my Singer and sew up the duvet and shams myself, but my time is really too precious for that. So, I am going to have their bedding made by another domestic diva that my interior designer (aka my friend Courtney) has connections with.

*for those of you who might be reading this blog, and don't know me well . . . please don't judge me by this post. i'm mostly joking . . .


**to my mother, you really did try and help me to be a "real" domestic diva, so don't feel bad that I'm not.

18 comments:

Carma Lee said...

Oh, WOW! You are definitely a domestic diva in training with tons of potential! Love the ideas for decorating - polka dots are a favorite with me.

Courtney said...

You are hilarious! I will forward you that picture...

Meredith said...

Auburn, you should know by now that I love you BECAUSE of this post ;)

Brooke said...

It was great being there to witness first-hand your transformation into Martha! Love it all!

The Blakes said...

You are oozing with talent! All of my domestic endeavors have required a great deal of coaching in the beginning.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Is that bottom blanket yours? If so, where did you get the upper corner fabric? The polka-dots? That's totally Abby's room and I need to make some curtains and that would be perfect! That Halloween decoration is so cute, I think you should have a little class and coach all of us!

Lindsay Brummer said...

totally impressed!!! i'm loving the fabric.

Jamie said...

Looks awesome. I am in awe of people like you who do things like this. :)

The O'Neils said...

WOW! I love them all...when are we going to have craft day at Auburns? ;)

Caralee said...

Good job Auburn. Maybe I'll venture into "domestic diva" territory some day. You've really done a great job.

Emilee said...

hey, i fully admit that i copy everyone! cute everything!

Kristi said...

Come on. We could have whipped together that tree! But maybe we could have actually made it magnetic! Love the fabric! Hey! Let's take a sewing class together at MCC! Want to?

Anne said...

You're great at everything you do Auburn... it was fun cooking with you and I loved the hand selected skittles- they looked perfect on top!

Corinne said...

way to go! i am impressed! i expect to benefit from all of this practice when i am in town!

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Oh but you are a domestic diva. The decor on top the cup cakes pops: obviously the work of a master.....Fun to read what you're up to! Take care and I'll read ya later.

the Painters said...

oh I love it all Auburn! You are such a domestic goddess. You rock the stay at home momma thing. I'm a mess.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I love the dual holiday sign. I once thought about making a table runner that was for thanksgiving on one side and then christmas on the other . . . but it was just a thought. I too have a hard time steering away from store bought. Great job!

Lara said...

Oh, I have been eyeing that tree too! I love it! Everything looks great! I'm proud of you martha stewart!