Friday, March 19, 2010

his celebration

What a fun birthday Cannon had!
We started by meeting a couple of friends at Freestone Park for a little while.
Cannon was in heaven.
Here are a few pictures from Freestone.

Photobucket

Chilling in his ride.

Photobucket

Riding the train with Mommy.
He wears that hat everywhere right now.
Its always sideways or backwards because it's so big.
He has several that actually fit his head, but he prefers the BIG hat.

Photobucket

So cute, just chilling.
He's really into putting his hands in his pockets right now.

Photobucket

Here is Lily getting ready to ride the ferris wheel with her friend Ava.

After Freestone park, we took naps and headed to Mountain View Park his birthday party.
We kept it low key with just family, and it was perfect!
The kids played on the playground for an hour or so and then we played a couple of games.
I had assigned Mimi to be in charge of a couple of games and my favorite was "pin the nose on cannon".
Here he is laughing at the picture that Mimi made of him with no nose.
So cute!

Photobucket

Here are some of the cousins lined up waiting for their turn to pin on a nose!
The kids loved the game, and we decided we need to make it a birthday party tradition.
Great idea for a game Mimi!

Photobucket

After that we had dinner and then cupcakes!
Don't ask me what I was thinking with these.
They're pretty ugly.
I saw the "green velvet" cupcakes on Bakerella's website this week, and decided to try them.
And, well the yellow icing, and red dots, not sure what I was thinking there . . .

Photobucket

Here is Cannon blowing, or rather spitting out his two candles.

Photobucket

And, eating the ugly cupcake . . .

Photobucket

And finally, presents!
My favorite was this present from Lily.
She is getting really good at writing her name all by herself, and I couldn't help but take a picture of it!

Photobucket

Here he is in front of his presents, which sadly didn't get opened at the party because after he opened the cars that Lily gave him he didn't care about anything else!
We opened all of the presents later when we got home, with help from big sister, Lily.

Photobucket

Hope your birthday was wonderful little Cannon.
We love you to pieces and are enjoying watching you grow!

12 comments:

J.R. said...

It looks like it was lots of fun :)

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

What a fun park!
You crack me up about the cupcakes. I'm sure they were delicious!

The Rowden's said...

Happy Birthday, Cannon! Love the green velvet and the Auburn hat!

The Silly Nilly Family said...

I love reading your blog entries! Your kids are so sweet. I would have never thought a thing about the cup cakes but since you mention it... Hahahahaha!!!!

Anne said...

We love Cannon and had so much fun! Pin the nose was a crack up and I know everyone enjoyed the cupcakes. Haha.

Super jealous of your cupcake stand, by the way!

LaNell said...

Cannon was so darling playing with his cars, lining them up, making the noises, and telling all about each one. It was a fun family party.

Corinne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANNON,WE LOVE YOU! he is getting so big, love the picture of him with his hands in his pockets he looks like a little stud! i am craving some az sun, would may hurry up and get here!

Joe and Joanne said...

Happy Birthday to Cannon! Okay, love that he loves the big hat and hands in pocket look. Too cute!

I don't think those cupcakes are ugly...though it looks like they tasted even better than they looked!

Kristi said...

Cute. Cute. So, did he have green poop the next day? Alice sure did! :o)

Lara said...

so much fun. he sure is a sweet little guy. it's hard to believe 2 years have already gone by! sorry we missed it.

Becky said...

What a fun party! Love the "pin the nose on Cannon" idea. I'm gonna remember that one :)

Brooke said...

I love how Cannon is such a little man. Backwards cap, hands in pockets, serious picture face... love it all!

um, I think I may make those cupcakes for my next breastfeeding class...they would be so very encouraging, don't you think?