Sunday, April 24, 2011

FULLY trained.


Yep.
Cannon really is FULLY potty-trained.
So much so, that he can't just non-chalantly pee in the pool.
We have the kids who pee in the rocks next to the pool.
That's what they have been taught to do at our house.
Inappropriate, huh?
Yeah well, we don't have a bathroom right off of our pool and when you are trying to watch the swimmers and keep the non-swimmers from drowning, peeing in the rocks is a necessity.
That said, the plants in the "pee" corner of the yard seem to be thriving.

Well at least we'll never have one of those kids who turns the water yellow at the public pool . . . or will we?

Rob and Corinne came in town with her family and spent a week at the J.W. Marriott in North Scottsdale.
We went up on Friday after Dave got off work for a swim in the POSH hotel pool.
This was no small pool.
Cannon had been swimming for a bit and needed to go pee.
He asked if he could go in the rocks.
We said no.
We quietly told him to just pee in the pool.
Awful, right?
In our defense the bathrooms were a LONG way away.

Cannon, being the obedient child that he is, promptly walked over to the side of the pool, dropped his pants, and peed right off the edge.

It was like one of those bad Calvin & Hobbes comic strips.
I was MORTIFIED.
Dave and his brother Rob are cracking up like it's the funniest thing they have ever seen.
Needless to say, we packed up and headed out.
I'm sure the other hotel guests weren't too sad to see us go.

So, you can imagine my shock at receiving this little gem of a letter in the mail on Monday . . .

Photobucket

I really thought it was real.

I mean, I called Dave at work freaking out real . . . until I noticed the name.

My Dad thinks he's pretty funny for coming up with this . . . and he is.

26 comments:

Marianne said...

Love it! Very funny and your dad must be really cool!

Tiffany said...

That is beyond awesome! I've never met him, but I love your dad already! Classic.

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

That is the best story I have heard in a LOOOOONG time. Ryan, my hubs, DIED when I told him this story. He had to read it. I totally applaud you for letting your kids pee in the rocks. That is SUCH a small price to pay when you're watching kids swim too! AND the wet footprints in the house getting to the bathroom....that is the WORST. Cannon. YOu are my hero!!!!!

Kathryn said...

That is a great story! Thanks for sharing. Your dad is a funny guy!

Lara said...

This is good! Tell Steve I like his style!

Amos said...

Hilarious!

Lindsay Brummer said...

I just about peed my pants laughing. LOVE this story :)

Erin A said...

I was laughing BEFORE I read the letter! I totally thought it was serious too until I saw the name. Hmmm. What can you do to get your dad back?

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness...I was totally freqking out for you as I was reading the letter!! Guess I fell for it too! That will be a story that you will always remember!

Anne said...

Oh man, I'm dying! Sounds just like something my dad would do but it's so legit with the letterhead and everything!

Jamie said...

I was freaking out for you... oh I'm so glad this wasn't real. Such a funny pee story though. Oh my worst nightmare.
We also have a pee area in our yard and we don't even have a pool. Every morning Grady wakes up and pees outside. Whatever! :)

Kristin said...

oh my gosh that is hilarious! I sincerely thought it was real too until you said something! lol.

Kristine said...

soo funny! i love this story!!!

The Thebeaus said...

This is freakin' hilarious!!! I would have thought that it was real, as well!

Corinne said...

ohh...too funny! I love your Dad for writing up this letter! One of the funnier moments on our trip! Thanks for entertaining us!!!!

Carma Lee said...

Even Grandmother was laughing when we shared this story :) Way to go Steve!

Kristi said...

I love it. Ha ha. I can just imagine the looks you must have been getting to have him peeing in the pool. Calvin and Hobbes is a great comparison! Your dad is so cool.

Ryan and Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness!! That is hilarious, Auburn! I would have been freaking out too. Funny story!

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

No freakin way...your dad is awesome! I was totally stressed out for you as I read the letter....so funny!

Solveig Atwood said...

Wow. I am laughing so hard I am crying. Hilarious!

J.R. said...

This has to be one of the funniest and best practical joke Ever!!! I was laughing so hard and so has everyone I've shared it with. That letter is so official looking and sounding. Hats off to your dad for coming up with that and for you for being such a good sport about it. And Sorry Cannon but you may never live this down :)

Debbie said...

And to think it wasn't even April Fools!!! Your Dad is hilarious!!! I was freaking out for you as I read the letter....thank goodness it was just a practical joke. Too funny.
Christina's trips are finally potty trained. We thought it would never happen. I am definitely going to have to pass this one on to her.

Ami Bethea said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!

maryanne said...

Hilarious! The story and the letter! It had me fooled too!

Joe and Joanne said...

(Just back and just now catching up on blogs).

Oh. My. Gosh.
Hilarious!
In every way.

It was great to see you the other day. Wish I had more time for a chat; I wanted so much to catch up! I'll have to look forward to another visit later on either in Arizona or Boston. ;)

Mimi said...

I thought the name sounded a little fishy, that's awesome though! What a funny story!