Wednesday, May 18, 2011

neighborhood 5k


This weekend I got to participate in my neighbor, Spencer Zimmerman's eagle project.
It was a 5k race to raise money for the Cerebral Palsy Foundation.
It was a perfect Saturday morning activity!

If you need a good cry - watch this video about my amazing neighbors:


Here are a few pictures from Dayton's Dash.
Glad these fabulous photographers were there to get photos of this fun event!


dayton's dash spencer-dayton_web

Spencer pushing Dayton at the start of the race.
(lindsay brummer photography)


Dayton's dash auburn 1_web

Crossing the finish line.
(lindsay brummer photography)

Dayton's Dash - mom and kids_web

Hugs from my family.
As soon as I finish a race I'm immediately looking for Dave and the kiddos.
The race isn't complete until I see them!!
(amy fraughton photography)

dayton's dash my cheerleaders_web

My cheerleaders.
Cutest cheering section I've ever seen.
(amy fraughton photography)


Thanks Spencer for a great activity!
What a great idea for an Eagle Project.
He raised over $2300 for the foundation!

13 comments:

Lindsay Brummer said...

you failed to mention that you ROCKED IT and were the FIRST GIRL IN!! Thanks for the shout out also ;)

Jill said...

Fast and looking fantastic!

Emilee said...

that is really cool! and rob and corrine told us the pool story, so funny!! we were all cracking up! we should go on a run at the reunion. you will kick my booty but oh well...

The Thebeaus said...

Awesome!! I agree...that's a pretty cute cheering squad! I wish I had your love of running...I do it, but I don't love it! ha!

capturingtheride said...

I love the hugs from the kiddos part and your cheering squad - the best! :)

capturingtheride said...

ooooh - and props for being the first girl in! way to go!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I saw that video a few weeks ago. The movie ended and a few seconds later Ryan goes, that was unexpected. We were both wiping away tears and just started laughing. We are such softies. That is the sweetest story ever. What an amazing young man.

Um, yes that is the CUTEST family ever!!! I can't wait to live in a family neighborhood and be able to run on sidewalks outside!!! :-) So much to look forward to when this apartment living ends!!!

Joe and Joanne said...

What a fantastic idea and project! And congratulations to you woman on being No. 1 across the finish line!

Erin A said...

That is awesome! I wasn't able to go and was wondering about how everything turned out. Thanks for sharing!

Kristi said...

You look hot. :o) We were planning on coming to that until Wyoming happened... Yikes. Glad it went so well for him!!! I've sort of been blog stalking waiting for Pied Piper's pics to show up...

Carma Lee said...

Way to run! Miss that cheering section - can't wait for hugs from them when we finish our giant road trip :)

Corinne said...

what an awesome eagle project! and your legs are looking hot!

H C M said...

Thanks for this great post.